Executive Strategy Director (APAC)
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design brand and customer experiences that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
As Executive Strategy Director, you will lead and consult with key clients on transformational marketing programs which create growth for their business. In this Sydney or Melbourne based senior leadership role, reporting to AKQA’s regional Managing Partner and collaborating closely with Design, Technology and Creative leaders, you will be a trusted advisor to our most senior clients. You are also responsible for leading a high-performing, cross-functional team of specialists across business, CX, data & insights, and marcomms strategy.
You will rapidly build valued partnerships with the c-suite of our clients and work on the biggest opportunities across the company. Business and commercially minded, you will be comfortable talking the language of both CEO and CFO’s respectively. A deep understanding and appreciation of platforms, data and commerce will be key to success in this role.
- Identify commercial opportunities and develop commercial models that lead to growth for our clients.
- Align creative and technology with client needs, develop business cases for them, and convert commercially viable opportunities.
- Lead key brand experience initiatives, championing strategic thinking, innovation and creative excellence with our key clients.
- Set the highest standard for strategy projects; leading by example, developing and inspiring teams, collaborating and presenting to clients with confidence.
- Oversee and continue to build a high-performing team of specialist strategists and consultants. Lead with a growth mindset.
- Present trends and methodologies in an engaging manner, at times as the lead consultant, to deliver innovative solutions that surprise and delight.
- Keep the wider agency informed, focused and enthused about the progress of individual projects and the business as a whole.
- Play a key role in major new business activities.
- Cultivate a positive and proactive team culture that strives to deliver exceptional, innovative work and continuously improve, whilst acknowledging and celebrating success.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- MBA or similar highly regarded.
- Extensive experience in an executive role working with c-suite clients from various industries in a professional services environment.
- Demonstrated deep understanding of business and commerce in the digital age, with a proven track record in commercial modelling and business case development.
- Strong technical experience of digital and multi-channel strategy, measurement frameworks and methodologies.
- Broad understanding of Customer Experience, Service Design, Data and Data Science, and Performance / Digital Media.
- Proven change management experience, particularly with large scale/complex projects delivered against commercial requirements.
- Exceptional communication and presentation style for consulting with c-suite clients, including articulating the value of AKQA’s services, managing client expectations, and facilitating workshops.
- Demonstrated experience of managing and winning business pitches.
- Exceptional leadership skills that enable you to quickly earn client and internal team confidence across APAC studios. Identify and nurture strategic talent, growing future agency leaders.
- Enthusiastic, entrepreneurial, solution-focused attitude, with the determination to find the best outcome for all projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Growth mindset.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.