Experience Design Director
The User Experience team at AKQA are at the forefront of new thinking and techniques. Responsible for the development of innovative customer experiences across a wide variety of channels and devices, the team uses their own research, ideation and design, with minimal direction.
As a UX Director at AKQA, you will lead research, ideation and design, while managing other members of the UX team. You will be responsible for the creation of innovative customer experiences across a wide variety of channels and devices. From initial define stages, requirements identification, overall objectives and user experience strategy, through to final experience design, you will be accountable for the creation of the highest quality user experience deliverables.
You will work in an autonomous and collaborative manner, leading team members in collaboration with other disciplines. You will be expected to come up with ideas of how best to deliver your work in line with AKQA standards and you will be the key UX champion/liaison with your clients, helping to share ideas while managing client expectations and participation in the UX design process.
Our Berlin studio collaborates with clients to create distinctive experiences. Whether we are developing a service, launching or redefining, we start with purpose and translate that into memorable projects.
Partnership is the basis of our practice; we understand the context and culture that our clients operate in and use creativity to solve challenges and deliver results. From strategy to art and copy to technology, our teams across a range of disciplines work with world-class organisations that want to shape the future.
- Apply solid user experience and usability principles while looking for opportunities to innovate.
- Demonstrate excellent knowledge of all aspects of the UCD approach and the ability to apply them flexibly across a variety of project types.
- Able to use/introduce more advanced UCD techniques (rapid prototyping, remote testing etc.) to improve efficiency in the user experience process and the quality of the solution.
- Awareness of Service Design techniques and how these can be applied to digital user experience.
- Able to contribute at a high level to overall strategic client approach, taking into account relevant marketplace, consumer and technology factors.
- Able to develop UE solutions for a wide variety of platforms and devices.
- Plan and manage large-scale projects; identifying activities that need to be carried out, plus the efforts needed to complete them, in a completely structured way for large-scale and complex projects with multiple work-streams.
- Promote collaborative work practices and identify opportunities to improve quality and increase efficiency through collaborative design.
- Take an active role in new business pitches for the account where appropriate.
- Leverage relationships to extend AKQA’s remit with client organisations and seek out opportunities with related client brands.
- Provide direction, leadership, and guidance to members of the User Experience team and ensure the team has a high level of morale
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- An excellent portfolio that spans digital, experiential, product/Experience design and storytelling
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in the creative industry (3-5 in leadership), with a focus on immersive digital experiences, products and platforms
- Experience collaborating with motion designers, technologists, live production teams, product designers and vendors to seamlessly execute projects
- Understanding exceptional design aesthetic, variations on styles, and awareness of design trends and innovation
- Exceptional communication skills: verbal, written, interpersonal and interdepartmental
- Thought leadership; a strong point of view; ability to contribute to the strategic development of an assignment; creative ideas and the ability to promote conceptual thinking among the team
- The ability to lead, coach, inspire and motivate a team to create and deliver truly remarkable, influential and impactful work
- A solid understanding of digital media as well as the marketing industry at large; an ability and a desire to adapt to the changing landscape of technology
- Ability to provide creative directions as well as overall leadership for strategic and account direction
- Ability to establish client relationship and act as a creative leader for the client
- Strong deck writing and dynamic presentation skills
AKQA is committed to developing wellbeing and supporting life choices for our team. We provide an extensive range of benefits. To find out more click here.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply