At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital experiences that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
Creatives at AKQA apply artistry and craftsmanship to strategic insight, creating and bringing to life purposeful ideas that provide real value to consumers and move the world’s biggest brands forward. They are fascinated by technology’s potential for solving human problems in innovative ways.
Our Experience Writers play essential roles in the strategy, conception and writing of thoughtful ideas, products and services. They are business-driven and user-obsessed, with a natural inclination for empathy and human behaviour. Skilled storytellers, they use clear and effective copy to give each experience a distinctive tone — all while following principles of inclusivity, usability and accessibility.
Located on the Herengracht canal in central Amsterdam, you will have access to our diverse network of specialists by collaborating across our twelve European studios. You will work in an environment which fosters a meritocratic culture and encourages ownership, and you will be surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields.
- You have a compelling portfolio that demonstrates high-quality copywriting and concepts within a variety of innovative digital products and services
- You will showcase excellent writing, grammar and proofreading skills
- You will implement strong strategic, conceptual and copywriting skills
- You will inspire and embrace challenges and new ways of adding value to consumer’s lives through innovative solutions
- You will collaborate with the client and various teams within AKQA
- You will be comfortable presenting and defending work to senior-level clients
- You will craft thought-provoking content and clear, concise navigational copy for apps, websites, e-commerce and vocal devices
- You will create guidelines for developing distinctive brand tones of voice
- You will take a holistic approach to and ensure consistency of complex digital ecosystems
- You will work on end-to-end projects, side-by-side with product designers, service designers and product management teams
- You will be aligned with internal stakeholders from our business strategy, strategy, analytics and creative teams
- You will work mostly in design sprints, directly on Miro and Figma
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- A collaborative, empathetic personality with excellent attention to detail
- A curiosity and willingness to fail
- A drive to break boundaries and make first-of-their-kind experiences
- A desire to write honest, jargon-free conversational copy
- 6+ years of experience crafting digital products and services within an ad agency, design studio, or in-house team
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.