Experience Writer Internship
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
Our Experience Writers craft clear and effective copy for digital products, services, and experiences. They give a voice to different brands from multiple industries and make them distinctive and memorable through the right tone of voice. They are aware of how brand personality is key to deliver successful design projects.
They are business-driven and user-obsessed, and they are conscious of the power of language. They have a natural inclination for empathy and human behaviour. They are committed to following the principles of inclusivity, usability, and accessibility, and they advocate for a responsible use of user’s data and privacy.
They are innovation enthusiasts and fascinated by the potential of technology for solving human problems.
Based in our Amsterdam office, you will join the team of Experience Writers, and an environment focused on delivering outstanding outcomes while having fun, collaborating, and learning from each other.
- You will work together with an Associate Creative Director / Tutor that will support you in becoming fully autonomous on day-to-day tasks.
- You will craft clear and concise navigational copy for apps, websites, e-commerce, and voice-controlled devices.
- You will work on creative concepts and will integrate these together with UX/UI designers.
- You will work on storytelling and narratives that give users a meaningful, memorable and smooth experience with the product or service.
- You will create guidelines for developing distinctive brand tones of voice.
- You will work for international brands.
- You will keep in mind conversion rate and iterate copy to optimize performances.
- You will take a holistic approach to and ensure consistency of complex digital ecosystems.
- You will work on end-to-end projects, side by side with UX designers and researchers and UI designers.
- You will be aligned with internal stakeholders from our business strategy, strategy, analytics, and creative teams.
- You will work mostly in design sprints, directly in Figma.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Full professional proficiency in English.
- A degree in Communication, Literature, Foreign Languages, Journalism, Digital design, or User Experience.
- Familiarity with user experience and customer experience.
- Enjoys being part of a team.
- Able to write honest, conversational copy that is free of marketing jargon and commercial formulas.
- Familiarity with Keynote (the template design won’t be on you though).
- Familiarity with Figma is a plus (otherwise we will teach you).
- Previous experience in UX writing, digital copywriting or user experience is a plus.
EU working rights are required. Either through a EU Citizenship or Study Programme in the Netherlands.
This is a 5 days a week internship for a duration between 6 an 12 months, starting in June 2022.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply