Atlanta, United States
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
Client Finance Managers at AKQA partner with Client Services and Project Management to manage revenue forecasting & recognition across all clients across the agency. They are a primary point of contact on the Finance team and build strong relationships with the Client Services and Project Management teams. They are a great problem solver, and will proactively identify opportunities to improve profitability, efficiency, and overall financial performance of the business. Client Finance Managers are self-starting and deadline-driven in order to deliver the highest quality of AKQA work in line with our core values of Innovation, Service, Quality and Thought.
Based in the centre of midtown, our Atlanta studio is as vibrant as its location. With a core focus on digital products and services, we are visionaries and makers, combining strategy, creative and technology to deliver best-in-class customer experiences for our clients.
Our culture celebrates diversity, hard work and fun. We are passionate about our craft, working together to create a better future, and ensuring we have an unfair share of the best talent in Atlanta.
- Responsible for revenue forecasting with client service/project management leads and submitting approved revenue (weekly or as changes occur) to finance
- Maintain Client Service Agreements monthly to recognize revenue by following all terms outlined in contract and statement of work; document and sign off on CSAs accordingly
- Communicate key financial points of contract to Client Services and Finance department
- Ensure billing and payment terms are in accordance with client agreements
- Review staffing templates and analyze budget vs. actuals and reconcile labor
- Track and monitor project codes to ensure proper work allocations
- Prepare and monitor billing and A/R in order to maintain timely cash flows
- Review burn reports and projections with Client Services to ensure that projects are on schedule and help initiate change orders when needed
- Review and sign off on project estimate schedules monthly
- Serve as subject matter expert on all revenue recognition policies and reporting processes and provide guidance and support for Client Services, Project Management and junior staff
- Comply with company policies and procedures including ethics policies and revenue recognition
- Work with account teams on client budgets, revenue analysis and project audits
- Prepare management reports and identify and communicate areas of concern
- Work with Client Services, Project Management and Director of Operations and Finance to resolve any recognitions issues or conflicts
- Analyze and review profit and loss (including review of non-bill charges)
- Adhere to AKQA, WPP and SOX policies and procedures
- Balance and review WIP accounts weekly
- Deliver reports in a timely and professional manner
- Communicate with clients regarding budget, billing and accounts receivable issues
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- A minimum of 5-7 years relevant experience and proven track record
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Post qualified accountant or qualified by experience
- Strong business acumen with understanding of US GAAP, and SOX policies
- Experience within a media/advertising background
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply