At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
From our location in San Francisco's SOMA district - the epicenter of the Bay Area's technology industry - AKQA offers our staff the opportunity to produce meaningful work for world-class companies in one of the world's most vibrant and beautiful cities.
The Financial Analyst is responsible for the day-to-day support and coordination of financial operations on the finance team. We are looking for a self-starter with an ambition to help grow expertise and services for our agency. You will possess knowledge and passion for the finance and marketing landscape and help keep the company up-to-date on what trends will have an impact on our business.
Month End Close & Corporate Reporting:
- Prepare monthly G/L analysis files, follow-up on outstanding items, manage accruals as necessary
- Review monthly actuals against forecast and prior year, and provide detailed commentary on variances
- Update financial planning files with actuals and make budget recommendations based on new run rate
- Manage a portfolio of reoccurring op-ex costs to ensure commercial terms/implications are accounted for in forecasts
- Assist with revenue recognition and COGS accruals
- Project manage close for Finance group, providing workback calendars to ensure all monthly deliverables are met
- Review projects to ensure they are set up correctly: project classifications, revenue rules, budgets
- Manage job closure process – ensuring they are closed in a timely manner
- Assist Inter-company as needed on all client related matters
- Prepare monthly Client Profitability files, and provide detailed analysis of monthly performance
Annual Budget and Reforecasting:
- Assist in the annual budget process & manage the budget files
- Maintain forecast file – updating actuals, building out formulas and summaries
- Ad hoc reporting as requested
- Contribute to all process development and improvements efforts as assigned by Department leads
- Provide subject matter expertise and learning material to improve the Financial IQ of commercial teams
Qualities and Characteristics
- Bachelor in Finance or Accounting required
- 2-3 years of Corp Finance, FP&A or Big Four experience
- Experience with enterprise reporting such as SAP, Oracle, etc.
- Advanced MS Excel skills including but not limited to: Pivot tables, Vlookups, Logic formulas, conditional formatting, and VBA required
- Ability to present data in a polished, easy to read and succinct way
- Professional, organized, mature and able to work with sensitive data