At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
As a Financial Controller, you will work alongside other team members, having a chance to demonstrate your interest, attitude and proactivity in a dynamic and creative environment. You will be exposed to an international framework, involved in activities with some of the other European studios.
Financial Controllers at AKQA work in partnership with different roles within the Administration and Management Control team, providing support to a wide range of operational tasks.
Located in our studio at H-Farm Campus, in Roncade (near Venice, Italy), you will join a disciplined cross-functional team and environment which fosters a meritocratic culture and encourages ownership.
- Revenue recognition based on estimates to complete, received from the delivery team.
- Review of the accuracy of the cost bookings.
- Support with the costs and revenue budgeting to the Finance Director.
- Support in rolling reforecasts to the Finance Director.
- Accounts management in preparation of the month-end reporting.
- Management of audits (statutory, internal, compliance).
- Reconciliation of accrued and deferred revenues.
- Management and administration of the finance timesheet tool.
- Review and management of the compliance documentation.
- Preparation and review of the month-end report, both profit & loss and balance sheet.
- Analysis of billability and utilization of the team.
All activities will be compliant with our International group standards.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Accuracy, integrity and the ability to work within specific deadlines are your keys to succeed in this role.
- Advanced understanding of accounting.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel (no macro or VBA required).
- Preferred knowledge of SAP, Sage500, PowerBI.
- You are willing to learn new tools.
- Driven by enthusiasm and willingness to work in a challenging and dynamic environment, you demonstrate proactiveness and accountability in every task you are assigned.
- You have a positive, collaborative spirit and a hands-on attitude.
- Proven planning and organisation skills: able to prioritise workload.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Italian.
Explore our extensive range of benefits here.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.