Freelance Project Manager - Design & Technology
At AKQA, our Project Management team sets the approach and standard for project delivery and governance, ensuring that clients receive the greatest possible value from their investment. They nurture ongoing consulting partnership with clients and provide team members with the right tools, support and collaboration tools to ensure an excellent performance against projects’ scope, time and budget requirements.
We are looking for middle to senior Freelance Project Managers with solid experience in the end-to-end management of digital projects that embrace web design and development, e-commerce, app, content production.
As a Project Manager you will be in charge of leading multi-disciplinary teams located in different offices, planning and ensuring the delivery of each project phase – from strategy to design to final deployment – with a strong commitment to quality, timing, and budget. You will be expected to apply your deep knowledge of the main project management tools and practices with a collaborative spirit, making a point of listening to different perspectives with an open-minded approach.
Ambition, energy, curiosity, enthusiasm, operational autonomy, proactivity and a strong passion for the digital world are essential characteristics of this role.
You will facilitate the work of a large group of people working remotely and coming from different backgrounds to exceed clients’ expectations and deliver the best customer experiences. Business trips as well as adequate in-person presence in our informal and bright offices in Milan or Venice may be required, according to client’s and team’s needs.
- You have extensive experience with digital design and technology projects.
- You have previous experience in project management roles within communication/digital agencies or system integrators – with a proven track record of managing multiple concurrent projects. This includes planning, estimating and resource allocation with a specific focus on workflow setting and coordination.
- You are able to understand the client’s business goals, needs and related environment, and actively participate in the solution design process
- You are able to gather and define project requirements, estimate project budgets, and perform accurate cost analysis and forecasts in fast-changing circumstances.
- You are able to deliver effective and engaging presentations for stakeholders at all levels.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- You are reliable, able to meet deadlines and to organise your own and others’ time
- You are dedicated to excellence in every output delivered.
- You have excellent communication skills and the ability to foster a work environment that encourages positive thinking and high commitment.
- You are up to date with evolutions in the marketing and communication fields.
- You have excellent communication skills in both Italian and English (written and spoken)
AKQA is an Equal Opportunity Employer; we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply