San Francisco, United States
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
As a Freelance Recruiter at AKQA, you are responsible for ensuring that we continue to hire and retain the best talent. You will also ensure we continually promote our brand and develop powerful relationships with hiring managers and external talent. You’ll develop ideas and initiatives to strengthen our talent strategy and will look for opportunities to collaborate. You’ll also own and contribute to a variety of ad hoc projects relating to recruitment and talent.
Based in the heart of the SOMA district, the epicenter of the Bay Area’s technology industry, our San Francisco studio offers staff the opportunity to produce meaningful work for world-class companies in one of the world’s most vibrant and beautiful cities.
With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive services. We build experiences and applications that capture the imagination and deliver proven business results for our clients, including Facebook, PayPal, Uber, The Clorox Company, IBM, Levi’s and more.
Our San Francisco studio is uniquely diverse in its resident skillsets enabling employees to solve across the full spectrum of experience solutions. Ranging from strategy, creative and development through to programmatic media, integrated paid search, social marketing and predictive analytics.
- Experience with Tech and Creative recruiting
- Ensures AKQA hires and retains top talent (measured by candidate feedback and retention rates)
- Works closely with Department Heads / Hiring Managers to understand specific department requirements, managing all permanent recruitment across AKQA (with support where needed)
- Meets current and future recruitment needs by developing and managing innovative, best practice recruitment policies, procedures and processes
- Actively contributes to AKQA strategy for reducing cost of recruitment, ensuring candidates are sourced directly wherever possible
- Reduces time to hire whilst maintaining quality of recruitment process
- Is an ambassador for AKQA in candidate interviews
- Understand the local markets and where to source the right types of talent for AKQA
- Establish relationships with local universities and guilds to identify entry level talent
- Provides senior management with regular reports regarding recruitment activity
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- 3+ years of Talent Acquisition experience (Tech and Creative), with experience managing a busy in-house recruitment function
- Experience in a creative environment essential (agency experience ideal)
- Experience working with Applicant Tracking Systems (Greenhouse preferable)
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to lead, motivate and inspire
- High degree of flexibility, with the ability to manage workload within a fluid environment
Please note: Remote work is possible for this position. Candidates for this role must be able to work West Coast hours.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply