London, United Kingdom
Freelance Technical Lead
The Technical Lead and Manager role is responsible for the technical design, development, deployment and maintenance of innovative solutions using the latest tools and technologies. Working closely with Project Management, Creative and UX, whilst running a Development Team, the Technical Delivery Manager has overall responsibility for the technical deliverables of his projects.
You will frequently collaborate with our global Studio's, you will enjoy working in a team of highly skilled people, all with strong opinions about various technologies, frameworks and approaches to delivery. You will articulate your ideas to your colleagues effectively whilst also taking on board the ideas of others. You will thrive when faced with new challenges, view them as opportunities and constantly look to improve client deliverables. You will work in a progressive environment that fosters a meritocratic culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields.
While there is a lot of cross-over in this role with other disciplines such as Project Manager, Scrum Master and Product Ownership; primarily we are looking for a Technologist first with these additional skills, therefore a background in Development or Engineering is a must.
- In depth technical knowledge of complex multi-tiered web solutions and systems integration, their underlying technologies and the latest technical tools.
- Capable of Designing and interrogating Technical Architectures of Web technologies.
- Comprehensive experience in the approaches to continuous integration.
- Ability to gather requirements and break them down into technical tasks required to complete a project phase.
- Ability to plan, deliver in iterative sprints, inclusive of quality assurance sign-off.
- Ability to recognise risk and plan to mitigate.
- Able to decide the resource profile required for a project and to provide top-down and bottom-up estimates against a scope.
- Strive to learn new skills and stay abreast of technical developments, successfully applying them to work practices.
- A practical problem-solver, who explores both innovative and pragmatic solutions depending on the challenge
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Computer Science Degree or equivalent industry experience.
- 7+ years’ industry experience.
- Be a champion for product excellence.
- A hands-on approach when required.
- A background in Development or Engineering.
- Be a coach and motivator who can inspire colleagues and clients with best practices and state-of-the-art techniques.
- Be inspired by emerging technologies to apply relevant learnings to our business and that of our work for clients.
- A continuous-improvement approach to management.
- Acute attention to detail and drive for perfection.
- A practically-minded thought leader whose first priority is delivering excellent work.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply