Front End Architect
At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
You will love working in a team of highly skilled people, all with strong opinions about various technologies, frameworks and approaches to delivery. You will be able to articulate your ideas to your colleagues effectively and will take on board the ideas of others. You will thrive when faced with new challenges and will constantly look to improve clients’ deliverables.
As a Principal Web Developer you will build websites and apps using web and industry best practices. You will provide accessible solutions whatever the device or input method. You will trail blaze new and innovative solutions using the latest browser-supported technologies, meeting clients’ needs.
- Expertise level knowledge of HTML5 : Comprehensive knowledge of tags, HTML API (Geo, Storage, More APIs), Canvas APIs, META Tags and Semantic markup
- Expertise level knowledge of CSS3 : CSS Object Model, Selectors & Hierarchy, Layouts, Responsive Designs, Build Tools, SASS / SCSS & Flexbox
- Expertise level knowledge of ES6: Object-Oriented programming principles, DOM Selectors, Event Handlers, Jquery - Functions, Callbacks, Promises, Debugging tools & approach
- Experience in creating build scripts from scratch using Webpack & Gulp with relevant plugins to improve DevOps
- Experience in reviewing the technical design and implementation of other frontend team members
- Ability to Suggest better alternatives to existing solutions for improving the solution quality (both functional and non-functional problems)
- Ability to coach and line-manage senior frontend engineers, to help them grow their career
- Experience in Typescript and contemporary FE development frameworks like ReactJS, Angular & VueJS is preferred
QUALIFICATIONS & CHARACTERISTICS
- 8+ years of industry experience.
- Analytic and positive mindset with a personable and professional approach.
- Sharp attention to detail and a passion for new technology.
- Professional written and verbal communication.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.