Wellington – Te Whanganui-a-Tara, New Zealand
Front End Developer
At AKQA, we have a culture of excellence in Development and Technology and pride ourselves on our track record of helping our clients convert ideas into world class solutions. Our Front End Engineers are expert problem solvers who collaborate with Creatives and Back End developers to help create solutions to complex problems.
As a Web Developer, you will help develop the technical solutions that enable us to deliver high-quality digital solutions for our clients. Motivated by work that is ground-breaking in its thinking and execution, you will be responsible for defining our clients’ technical needs and working with the broader team to deliver it.
Located in Wellington, as part of AKQA, you will work in an innovative and inclusive culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields. You’ll also have the opportunity to learn and grow within a creative and technically advanced team, work in a flexible environment and have access to ongoing personal and professional development. At AKQA, we are committed to both your career growth and your work/life balance.
- Implement high-quality Front End solutions in line with business requirements.
- Diagnose and solve problems related to the technical delivery of projects.
- Advocate for improvements to processes, quality, inclusive design, accessibility and performance.
- Ensure that your project deliverables meet time specifications and quality goals, collaboratively working with the rest of your team.
- Collaborate with broader project and discipline teams, implementing an iterative/agile methodology.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Comprehensive experience across a range of conventions and frameworks, such as React, VueJS, BEM
- Experience or knowledge of web application architecture, including API integration ie rest or graphQL, redux, Vuex
- Experience or knowledge of modern patterns and practices such as testing, documentation, Version Control, Jira
- Comprehensive experience building user interfaces in a modular and reusable fashion
- Knowledge of modern approaches to web development, such as static rendering and utility based styling
- Collaborative ‘one team’ approach that enables client and agency partners to work cohesively
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer; we believe that diversity is vital to our ability to provide clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.