Front End Developer Apprentice
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
AKQA Front-End Developers combine expertise in state-of-art development technology with design and user experience themes. They are passionate about technology and innovation and eager to participate in the creation of meaningful digital experiences for our clients.
Over the course of this apprenticeship, you will receive direct business experience and become a core member of the wider interdisciplinary team as well, while receiving mentorship of those in the department to sharpen your professional skills.
Located on the Herengracht canal in central Amsterdam, you will have access to our diverse network of specialists by collaborating across our twelve European studios. You will work in an environment which fosters a meritocratic culture and encourages ownership, and you will be surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- You’ll be working with a senior mentor on a variety of tasks.
- At the beginning of your internship, you’ll work with a Technical Delivery Manager and a cross-functional product team on providing maintenance to a variety of client-facing projects using a static site generator and a headless CMS.
- As your skills grow, you’ll get more responsibility and work as part of a core team on a new client project while being mentored by a Senior developer, where your ideas will have an impact on the definition of the project’s architecture and the developer experience.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Driven by enthusiasm and a desire to learn, you keep constantly updated about the evolutions in the innovation and technology field.
- You are a graduate with first experience in front-end development
- You are able to work with a high degree of flexibility and rigour
- You have solid skills in hand-coded HTML and CSS
- Good appreciation for UX Best practices
- You have a good understanding of Style guides and Design Systems
Nice to have:
- Experience working with React
- Experience working with a Headless CMS
- Experience with Unity of WebGL (ThreeJS)
- Experience using REST and GraphQL APIs
AKQA is committed to developing wellbeing and supporting life choices for our team. We provide an extensive range of benefits. To find out more click here.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply