Front End Team Lead
At AKQA, we have a culture of excellence in Software Development and Marketing Technology and pride ourselves on our track record of helping our clients leverage CMS features. Working closely with Experience Designer and Back End Engineering, Front-End Engineers transform visual design into code and static designs into elegant and intuitive solutions.
As an AKQA Front-End Team Lead, you will drive the development of web and mobile solutions for high-profile AKQA clients. You’ll be hands-on with building and developing these software engineering solutions and will also provide technical vision. You will guide your own team and collaborate with AKQA designers, user experience experts, developers and project managers.
At AKQA Sydney, you will work in a meritocratic culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields. You’ll have the opportunity to learn and grow within a creative and technically advanced team and have access to ongoing personal and professional development. At AKQA, we are committed to your career growth, as well as to your work/life balance.
- Lead Front-End delivery including hands-on development across a portfolio of clients.
- Evangelise and drive the growth of the Front-End Engineering portfolio, team, and technical competency.
- Lead by example and enable the career progression of the team under your guidance.
- Ensure that project deliverables meet time specifications and quality goals by collaboratively working with a range of teams to define project approach, scope, cost and duration.
- Provide technical vision to our clients and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders throughout client and partner organisations.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Strong development experience, especially of large, enterprise-level mobile/responsive website projects.
- Strong understanding of source control (GIT) and front-end tools.
- Strong understanding of performance and optimisation, best practices and industry standards.
- Experience leading and mentoring a team.
- Sound understanding of concepts such as SMACSS, OOCSS or BEM.
- Experience of W3C website accessibility standards and ASP.Net will be highly regarded.
- Desire to learn and embrace latest technologies.
- Highly motivated and productive, with a collaborative approach to your work.
- Driven to continually improve coding methodology, tooling and analysis.
- Able to effectively translate/communicate complex web development solutions to a wide range of stakeholders.
- Demonstrable passion for beautifully executed digital solution.
- Strong ability to thrive under pressure and influence others.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.