Melbourne – Wurundjeri Country, Australia
Frontend Architect - React
At AKQA, we have a culture of excellence in Software Development and Marketing Technology and pride ourselves on innovation, service, quality and thought leadership. Working closely with Experience Designers and Back End Engineering, Front End Engineers transform visual design into code and elegant web & mobile experiences.
As an AKQA Front End Architect, you will both drive and take a hands-on approach to the development of web and mobile solutions for our world-class clients. Providing technical vision, you will also guide your team and collaborate with AKQA designers, user experience experts, technical developers and project managers.
Located in Melbourne as part of AKQA, you’ll work in an inclusive and innovative culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields. You’ll also have the opportunity to learn and grow within a creative and technically advanced team, and have access to ongoing personal and professional development. At AKQA, we are committed to both your career growth and your work/life balance.
- Craft innovative front-end solutions and ensure best practice technical implementation throughout project lifecycle.
- See to it that project deliverables meet time specifications and quality goals.
- Work with Client Services and relevant Discipline Leads to define project approach, scope, cost and duration.
- Provide technical vision to our clients and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders throughout client and partner organisations.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Strong development experience, especially of large, enterprise-level mobile/responsive website projects.
- Strong working knowledge of source control (GIT, monorepos) and front-end libraries.
- Expertise in performance and optimisation, best practices and industry standards.
- Sound knowledge of concepts such as SMACSS, OOCSS or BEM.
- Experience of W3C website accessibility standards and automated front-end quality assurance.
- Desire to learn and embrace latest technologies.
- Highly motivated and productive, with a collaborative approach to your work.
- Driven to continually improve coding methodology, tooling and analysis.
- Able to effectively translate/communicate complex web development solutions to a wide range of stakeholders.
- Demonstrable passion for beautifully executed digital solution.
- Experience with mobile React Native development would also be highly regarded.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and Indigenous people are encouraged to apply for this role.Apply