San Francisco, United States
At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
AKQA Front-End Developers have a strong dedication to recent and upcoming technologies, as well as the drive to develop innovative technical solutions.
You will participate in the creation of sophisticated digital experiences and must have advanced understanding of front-end web development. You will work with a team of highly skilled people – each with strong opinions about various technologies, frameworks and approaches to delivery.
Based in the heart of the SOMA district, the epicenter of the Bay Area’s technology industry, our San Francisco studio offers staff the opportunity to produce meaningful work for world-class companies in one of the world’s most vibrant and beautiful cities.
With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive services. We build experiences and applications that capture the imagination and deliver proven business results for our clients, including Facebook, PayPal, Uber, The Clorox Company, IBM, Levi’s and more.
Our San Francisco studio is uniquely diverse in its resident skillsets enabling employees to solve across the full spectrum of experience solutions. Ranging from strategy, creative and development through to programmatic media, integrated paid search, social marketing and predictive analytics.
- You have an understanding of major browsers and the special considerations required for them
- Strong knowledge responsive web design
- Experience with translating comps and wireframes into flexible and usable code
- Experience with version control software
- Experience with Photoshop
- Experience with developing large customer-facing websites
- Must have at least 3+ years of experience working as a front-end developer
- Must be available to work on-site in Sunnyvale, CA
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Eager to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Experience with web application development
- Able to articulate their ideas to your team
- Thrives when facing new challenges in improving client deliverables
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and able to interact professionally with a diverse group of people
- Strong oral and written English communication skills
- Boundlessly creative and relentlessly attentive to detail
Please note: No visa transfers or visa sponsorships will be offered at this time. Candidates for this role must be able to work West Coast hours and be willing to work onsite in Sunnyvale, CA with the team, when we return to the office.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply