Milan, Italy & Venice, Italy
Technology professionals at AKQA are established practitioners of the latest web technologies; building best in class applications, serving users on the modern web landscape, whatever that may be.
We are currently looking for a Front-End Developer who will be working hands-on at the development of a range of solutions including website, web apps, CI pipelines, micro services.
In this role, you will contribute to design and develop complex ecosystems, within local and international projects with heavily experiential UI designs.
You will join a close-knit and high-skilled team and gain hands-on experience as you design, code, test, launch and sustain digital solutions that enable satisfying and seamless experiences for people out there.
Located in either our Italian offices at H-Farm Campus (Roncade, near Venice) or at WPP Campus (Milan), you will work within multidisciplinary project teams to build robust digital products that surpass client expectations. Since your health is our first priority, we are currently working and holding the majority of interview processes remotely. Once the emergency is over, we are planning to roll out a remote working policy we will be happy to discuss with you during the hiring process.
- Work closely with others departments to ensure good collaboration across all disciplines and to facilitate the solving of day-to-day challenges.
- Champion effective technical decision-making for clients by understanding their business goals and objectives.
- Contribute to minimise technical risk and ensure a high-quality output.
- Provide technical answers to solve client problems.
- Commit to performance, code quality, good practice and delivering high end products.
- Proactively plan your activities according to goals and deadlines, while always ensuring a high level of quality.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- You have experience with modern frontend libraries like React.js / Vue.js and 1-3 years of development on large or complex code bases.
- You have a good knowledge of modern frontend Framework like Next.js/ Nuxt.js.
- You are proficient with the GIT and its related tooling (branching flow, CLI commands etc.).
- You have experience with design systems and its tooling (StoryBook);
- You are comfortable and knowledgeable about the SPA / SSR / Jamstack concepts.
- You have a general knowledge of: advanced animation techniques (CSS, SVG, springs, canvas...); CI, CD and / or Unit Testing; Lean and Agile methodologies.
- You are familiar with Figma design tool and with Atlassian Tools (Jira, Confluence).
- You demonstrate a collaborative spirit and you make a point of listening to different perspectives with an open-minded approach.
- You have an interest in knowledge sharing with other developers (presentations, code-review, pair-programming etc.).
- You are used to work within multidisciplinary teams; you make a point of listening to different perspectives with an open-minded approach.
- You are comfortable with the trade-offs of using different solutions to a problem, favoring pragmatism over idealism.
- You are able to interact at a professional level in Italian and English (both oral and written).
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply