Melbourne – Wurundjeri Country, Australia
Full Stack Developer
As a Full Stack Developer you have experience in delivering high-quality digital platforms who possess a deep understanding of software engineering principles as well as the latest industry trend. Motivated by work that is ground-breaking in its thinking and execution, you will build technology solutions that enable our world-class clients to succeed.
Located in Melbourne, as part of AKQA, you will work in an innovative and inclusive culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields. You will have the opportunity to learn and grow within a creative and technically advanced team, and have access to ongoing personal and professional development. At AKQA, we are committed to your career growth, as well as to your work/life balance.
- Relevant industry experience in software, digital or web development.
- Experience with TypeScript and Node.js.
- Experience with cloud platforms such AWS, Azure or Google.
- Experience with GraphQL API implementations.
- Experience with automated API testing techniques.
- Strong API solution design experience.
- Strong understanding of source control (GIT) and build.
- Good understanding of release automation tools and scripting languages (CI/CD, DevSecOps).
- Strong understanding of performance and optimisation, best practices and industry standards.
- Knowledge of Apollo Server highly desirable.
- Knowledge of OOP (Object Oriented Programming) and design techniques.
- Knowledge of edge computing platforms (Vercel functions/middleware, Netlify functions, Cloudflare functions/workers etc) desirable..
- Knowledge of Bash/Shell/PowerShell scripting.
- Knowledge of any API gateway products.
- Knowledge of OpenAPI, SOAP, OData, JSON data object principals.
- Knowledge of microservices development patterns and practices.
- Knowledge of OWASP top 10 principles.
- Knowledge of digital eco-systems including by not limited to the following highly regarded: DNS, SSL Certificates, Web hosting, observability, session state management, highly availability architectures, DevSecOps, Scripting / Automation, database design and SQL queries, caching techniques, API Gateways, Swagger/Open API standards.
- Skills in Vercel, Cloudflare (or equivalent edge cloud computing platforms), Apollo Server, GraphQL gateways or aggregators (i.e. tyk.io, Apigee, AWS AppSync, Kong, Mulesoft), React or Next.js highly regarded.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Desire to learn and embrace the latest technologies.
- Highly motivated and productive, with a collaborative approach to your work.
- Driven to continually improve coding methodology, tooling and analysis.
- Able to effectively translate/communicate complex technical concepts to a wide range of stakeholders.
- Work in an agile hybrid environment with teams located across multiple locations.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and Indigenous people are encouraged to apply for this role.Apply