San Francisco, United States
Group Account Director, Media
At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients. AKQA is currently home to more than 2,000 employees in 23 studios around the world.
AKQA is looking for a seasoned media professional with strong account service capabilities. This person will have up-to-date knowledge of digital media, analytics and search engine marketing, across both Brand and DR efforts, to liaise with client and agency teams to foster innovative thinking and industry leading marketing solutions. The Group Account Director, Media is responsible for senior level client relationships and overall client satisfaction on a media-centric account, driving strategy and shaping digital media plans. He or she will assure the agency's full resources are marshaled and effectively applied appropriately to each brand they service.
From our location in San Francisco's SOMA district - the epicenter of the bay area's technology industry - AKQA offers our staff the opportunity to produce meaningful work for world-class companies in one of the world's most vibrant and beautiful cities.
Retail or CPG experience preferred.
- Digital media strategy
- Help clients articulate clear goals and objectives spanning Brand and DR initiatives
- Drive digital media strategy to deliver on these goals and ensure alignment across all disciplines: search, media, social and analytics
- Identify ways to evolve current media planning process, leveraging new tools and approaches
- Lead partnership negotiations with major partners and maintain strong partner relationships
- Guide agency and client teams on KPIs, A/B testing and optimization strategies and attribution models
- Develop insightful narratives on performance media with accountability for continually improving the ROI of clients’ media investment
- Innovation and thought leadership
- Create or contribute to agency thought leadership with POVs on industry trends and other broad, industry focused projects
- Vet new technologies or opportunities for relevance to client business
- Lead internal and client meetings with passion and authority
- Build case studies and share work across the department/agency
- Inspire creativity and push the boundaries to find new solutions
- Client, team and resource management
- Effectively navigate the client and partner organizations in which we participate
- Pioneer new ideas/ practices across clients/internally
- Create an environment that encourages creative thinking and problem solving
- Maintain relationships with senior level management with clients
- Oversee workflow and project plans to ensure deadlines are met and quality of work is high
- Oversee scope of work and identify resource needs to deliver on project plans; manage agency burn as appropriate
- Liaise with department heads and HR to facilitate staffing requirements
- Actively promote outstanding communications skills throughout agency and mentor others
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- BA or equivalent experience required
- 5+ years of account management or equivalent business experience – agency experience required
- 10 years in online media or related experience required
- Strategic understanding of all disciplines of marketing
- 5+ years management level experience
- Has specialized in advertising and digital media
- Has a foundational understanding of partnership media, programmatic media, paid and organic search, and analytics
- Experienced working with large clients and/or CPG or Retail experience preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Solid financial acumen and business expertise
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.