Portland, United States
Group Creative Director
At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
From our studio in Portland, OR, we strive to produce thoughtful, exciting, and meaningful work for world-class companies within one of the most creative and vibrant cities. The Group Creative Director will not only get to craft these beautiful ideas but also craft the team building them. As a skilled storyteller, conceptor and multidisciplinary thinker, the GCD will also help lead the studio. As innovation runs core to who our agency is, we look to our leaders to help keep the work and the culture moving forward in a way that best supports our client, team and the community around us.
The day to day might look like:
- Encourage progressive thinking and innovation with technology and art to create interactive spaces
- Build strong relationships with clients, helping guide and deepen their understanding on what’s possible
- Develop state-of-the-art techniques and thought leadership activities to stimulate professional development and inspiration within the team
- Manage multiple, concurrent projects and responsibilities
- Provide creative leadership, inspiring a culture of creativity, across the studio
What we’d like to see:
- An experienced creative leader with a compelling portfolio of distinctive work that spans product/service design and storytelling
- An experienced, leader who will coach, inspire and motivate the creative team to create and deliver truly remarkable, influential and impactful work
- Fearless, boundlessly creativity and relentless attention to detail
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.