New York, United States
Group Program Director
At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
The Group Program Director will be responsible for the overall output of a highly skilled project management team and will work alongside the AKQA NY Management team to lead and develop a consistently world-class Project Management function for AKQA, ensuring successful delivery of client activity.
They will have a passion for delivering innovative solutions and producing award winning work. An expert in project management, they will also champion AKQA’s founding values – Innovation, Service, Quality and Thought, leading by example.
The city that never sleeps provides us with constant inspiration. We harness this in the heart of Union Square, where old meets new.
Our New York studio offers teams the opportunity to produce innovative work that moves world-class companies, and their communities forward. All disciplines collaborate to find the best solution while delivering each aspect to the highest standard. From products and services to imaginative storytelling, our shared vision is to create experiences that drive progress and results. We are fortunate to partner with forward-thinking clients, including Verizon, IBM, Mayo Clinic, HSS, Volvo, and Campari.
We empower our teams and clients to make what’s next, while working towards the ultimate acknowledgement, “Only in New York!”
- Demonstrates ability to constantly improve the Project Management offering and is proactive in suggesting, scoping and implementing change
- Receives a consistently high level of internal and external client satisfaction
- Industry and company best practices are adhered to at all times
- Attracts, builds and retains great talent
- Successful evaluation, design and adherence to intake and delivery processes based on industry best practices
- Is a leader in successful new business efforts
- Provide leadership and define direction for the role of the department within AKQA and its interface with other departments/teams
- Ensure appropriate methodologies and procedures are in place, defined and adhered to; ensure they are reviewed regularly and successfully roll out and communicate new methodologies and procedure
- Work closely with Operations Director and Managing Director to set utilization and billability targets, and ensure department performs well against them
- Works with the General Manager, Operations Director, and Finance to set and track financial metrics, including EAC, project burn, gross margin and top line revenue at the account and studio levels
- Identify opportunities for change or improvement to existing service offering, process, resources and tools
- Actively partners with Client Services and Finance to determine best commercial terms for both existing and new client relationships, including MSA and procurement negotiations
- Nurture, coach, care for, and inspire a diverse and inclusive project management team to consistently deliver on time, within budget and to quality
- Coaching project management team on best communication practices with both clients and across studio disciplines.
- Identify recruitment needs, consider internal moves and interview all candidates at final interview stage, ensuring only great talent is recruited
- Contribute to AKQA strategic development - assesses current departmental configuration against strategic objectives and business requirements.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Experience managing and developing a large team across a diverse range of project types including Campaigns, Product/Service design, Data Science, Brand design and content.
- Has experience planning and managing large scale programs of work for high-profile clients.
- 12+ years of project management experience within a professional services or agency environment.
- Experience or desire to operate as a strategic leader in the business.
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills, with the ability to lead, motivate and inspire.
- Expert knowledge and best practice approach for project management.
- Exceptional consulting and client management skills.
- Excellent knowledge of agency finance and operations.
- Strategic planning, program management, group motivation and discipline, imagination and diplomacy.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply