San Francisco, United States
Group Strategy Director
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
As a Group Strategy Director, with a focus on Data and Analytics for AKQA SF, you understand how communications and culture, technology and psychology, intersect in the mind of the consumer. Additionally, you are able to analyze the data to create a compelling story. You frame problems in unexpected ways and can be relied upon for clarity, leadership, and perspective by the internal team and clients. Serving as strategic lead on global accounts, you will use both qualitative and quantitative research to answer questions, prove or disprove hypotheses, and mine insights. Having a passion for and experience in Entertainment is a plus.
Based in the heart of the SOMA district, the epicenter of the Bay Area’s technology industry. Our San Francisco studio offers staff the opportunity to produce meaningful work for world-class companies in one of the world’s most vibrant and beautiful cities.
- Act as strategic lead on digital and social media projects
- Collaborate across teams, departments and agencies to encourage the best work and output
- Work with and mentor junior strategists, guide their deliverables and development
- Provide information and perspective on the work's effectiveness; Share knowledge and expertise on the target audience and trends within digital and social media with the internal team and client
- Use creative storytelling to bring to life the target audience
- Proactively author white papers and POVs; Share trend information, with implications
- Able to create strong creative briefs that inspire great work
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Ability to understand the dynamics of a client’s business and the sector in which it operates
- Strong communication skills and the ability to partner with senior clients are essential
- Familiarity with the design, application, and analysis of a wide range of qualitative and quantitative research techniques
- Can provide strategic direction on specific communications initiatives, identifying the key message or proposition and the best means to communicate this
- A track record of experience in idea generation and refinement
- Ability to judge creative ideas for their distinctiveness and effectiveness
- Can clearly and persuasively communicate strategic recommendations to internal and external audiences with variable levels of understanding
- At least 8 years of experience in communications planning is preferred but not a requirement, with a significant amount of this experience devoted to work in digital environments
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply