London, United Kingdom
Group Strategy Director
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
- Identify key opportunities to drive client value and turn them into a strategic agenda for the client.
- Contribute to leadership teams across London’s key account programmes.
- Oversee the creative process, working effectively with the Creative Director and Creative team to ensure that solutions are on-brief. Help drive the creative vision for AKQA's accounts.
- Proactively create and convert new creative opportunities with new and existing clients.
- Scope programmes of work with clients, providing strategic direction and leadership.
- Build AKQA's reputation as an agency committed to effectiveness in all we do. Champion M&E internally (working closely with Analytics) and externally (overseeing the production of case studies and gaining Effectiveness Award wins).
- Build the Strategy department by hiring and nurturing the best talent in the industry, ensuring the right mix of skill sets on individual accounts. Motivate and retain the team to reach their fullest potential.
- Actively initiate programmes to train, upskill, and develop the talent on the team.
- Partner with discipline leads (ie: Client Portfolio Leads, Creative, Technology, UX, Delivery, Data Science) to achieve quality of work.
- Seek out and work with Creative to drive relevant recognition, awards, and PR by appropriate forums.
- Contribute towards thought leadership to share AKQA’s point of view on Design & Technology trends.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Proven contributor towards standout creative work.
- Proven experience of coaching and mentoring a team and developing them to their full potential.
- Proven track record in building, inspiring, and leading world-class teams.
- Previous performance and interaction at equivalent to Brand Director / Marketing Director (ideally global) level.
- Prior success in business development and building, maintain client relationships with blue-chip clients.
- Possesses a strong quality of taste, in both the work and in decision-making