At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
As People Manager, you will help to advance a world class employee experience for AKQA employees – current and future. You will have an excellent knowledge of industry best practices, but also push boundaries to bring to life the AKQA employee experience vision.
The People Manager will partner with the studio leadership team and global People team to drive business performance through our people.
- Partner with leadership to proactively design and deliver people initiatives that support the business objectives.
- Utilise tools such as the employee engagement survey to help drive employee engagement, retention and growth of our teams.
- Partner with the global People team to identify, develop, and implement standardised processes, policies, and procedures to help drive a premium employee experience.
- Partner with the business to create a culture of strong managers and leaders who prioritise performance and career management discussions.
- Oversee the bi- annual performance management process and collaborate with managers to ensure a thorough and effective review process.
- Build solid relationships with employees and managers to create an employee-oriented culture that emphasises quality, continuous improvement, and employee engagement.
- Analyse trends and metrics to recommend and implement gold-standard tools, practices and systems that attract, develop, and retain top talent.
- Support the Talent Acquisition team in the process of hiring full-time and contract workers and execute the full onboarding process to create a thorough candidate experience.
- Manage employee relations matters, organise and implement learning and development programs, and execute other special projects.
- Process and review monthly payroll using ADP
- Advise employees and line managers on global mobility, visas, and immigration issues. Liaise with People colleagues from other studios on secondments and seek advice from external immigration partners where necessary.
- Ensure all processes and policies are compliant with local legislation; partner with legal team where appropriate.
- Share knowledge and best practices within the People team, as well as broadly within the organisation to ensure that AKQA’s people practices are highly effective and valued.
- Responsible for ad hoc Finance matters including acting as audit/ bank contact, coordinating annual audit, and creating annual core services budget.
- Manage office responsibilities including leading security & safety measures, organising events, maintaining studio design and partnering with suppliers and landlord.
- Perform other job-related duties as required
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Proven experience in an HR management/business partnership role, supporting a creative and/or professional services business.
- Strong executive presence and communication skills.
- Ability to partner with remote teams in different markets.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and prioritise workload with strong follow-through.
- Interest in taking the initiative to continually improve all People programs, policies, and processes.
- Ability to adapt to frequently changing schedules and priorities and experience in operating in a dynamic, fast-paced environment where change is constant and demanding, and clear structure/process may not be apparent.
- Pragmatic and outcome-oriented, leveraging data to tell a story and make recommendations.
AKQA is committed to developing wellbeing and supporting life choices for our team. We provide an extensive range of benefits. To find out more click here.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply