Melbourne – Wurundjeri Country, Australia
At AKQA, we have a culture of excellence in Software Development and Marketing Technology and pride ourselves on our track record of helping our clients leverage CMS features. Our Back End Engineers are expert problem solvers who develop seamless data exchange systems that power business solutions in the most optimal and scalable manner possible.
As a talented Java Programmer / Developer, you'll be responsible for planning, developing and delivering high-performing web and digital solutions for clients across the AKQA Australia network and work in an agile first, DevOps team along with AKQA's teams of Designers, UX Specialists, Technical Developers and Project Managers.
At AKQA Melbourne, you will work in an innovative and inclusive culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields. You will have the opportunity to learn and grow within a creative and technically advanced team, and have access to ongoing personal and professional development. At AKQA, we are committed to your career growth, as well as to your work/life balance.
- Development experience in Java.
- Knowledge of Apache Sling, Jackrabbit or similar technologies desirable
- Proficient skills in Java, J2EE, JSP, Groovy, Spring boot, MVC, JUnit and related Java eco-systems.
- Understanding of modern software engineering practices such as Object-Oriented concepts such as interfaces, abstraction, loose coupling, high cohesion and dependency injection.
- Experience with database technologies and SQL queries.
- Knowledge of web technologies and architectures such as web protocols, infrastructure, web servers (Apache Tomcat), proxies, load balancing, session state management, high availability and disaster recovery.
- Working in team using agile delivery methodologies with tools such Jira and Confluence
- Familiar with Linux systems and associated commands
- Hands on working knowledge of GIT and Maven for code check-in, branching, code review and build processes.
- Knowledge of code performance and optimisation.
- Knowledge of swagger and RESTful API design principles desirable
- Knowledge of OWASP top 10 principles
- Any skills in Solution Architecture, Technical Leadership, Cloud platforms such as (Azure, AWS, Google), DEVOPS tools and process a plus.
- Desire to learn and embrace new technologies and platforms, strong communication skills, and exceptional attention to detail.
- Training up on new skills and products as part of your new role
- Develop user stories as per the provided business requirements, NFRs and technical design.
- Implementing unit test cases using JUnit or similar framework.
- Document the solution and guidelines for using the created technical components.
- Create proof of concepts to demonstrate feasibility of proposed solution.
- Continuously discover, evaluate and learn new technologies to stay at the forefront of technology innovation.
- Work closely with other stakeholders in the team and clients to develop world class solutions
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and Indigenous people are encouraged to apply for this role.