Sydney – Gadigal Country, Australia
Lead Experience Designer
Experience Designers at AKQA craft, concept, and deliver interfaces that make technology more natural and enjoyable to use. With expertise in design strategy, technology and brand, our design team of researchers, visual designers and user experience designers take a human-centred approach to create beautiful and meaningful brand experiences.
Our Lead Strategic Experience Designers oversee and deliver accessible and meaningful experiences of the highest quality. They demonstrate curiosity and a strong sense of craft, and champion user-centred design. They are accountable for consistent quality and overall UX design excellence across accounts, building our reputation for work that is ground-breaking and impactful. This is a senior position, best suited to someone who applies a strategic mindset to all stages of the design process to drive business outcomes and customer satisfaction.
As part of AKQA Sydney, you’ll work in an innovative and inclusive culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields. You’ll also have the opportunity to learn and grow within a creative and technically advanced team and have access to ongoing personal and professional development. At AKQA, we are committed to both your career growth and your work/life balance.
- Plan, craft and manage experience-led digital strategies end-to-end, ensuring the requisite processes and capabilities are in place for successful delivery and exceptional client results.
- Experience driving customer journeys and digital product roadmaps.
- Experience leading a team of experience designers to envision and execute outstanding design solutions across digital products and services; websites and mobile apps
- Drive, inspire and mentor the team to deliver end-to-end UX design projects, ensuring outcomes meet both business and customer goals; research through to release.
- Provide strategic design and UX mentorship across accounts and the wider XD discipline.
- Identify new opportunities to improve design process with other team members and disciplines.
- Ensure a collaborative ‘one team’ approach of both client and agency.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Proven digital strategy project experience, particularly with large scale/complex projects delivered against commercial requirements.
- Strong experience within a dedicated digital product team or UX role (client-side or agency)
- Experience working in an agile environment within a multidisciplinary team.
- Compelling portfolio of distinctive strategic design and UX work: Ability to innovate and think creatively to deliver results.
- Demonstrate sound design, usability and accessibility principles and standards, via artefacts such as user flows, IA, site maps and wireframes
- Relentless attention to detail
- Experience working on complex, enterprise scale platform solutions: Ecommerce experience is advantageous but not essential.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, and presentation style for managing client expectations, facilitating workshops, and conducting stakeholder and customer interviews.
- Able to build strong relationships with client stakeholders.
- Able to mentor and grow a team, demonstrating a strong collaborative spirit.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and Indigenous people are encouraged to apply for this role.Apply