Sydney – Gadigal Country, Australia
Lead Experience Designer - Expressions of Interest
AKQA are always on the lookout for permanent, contract and freelance Experience Designers, at all levels but particularly Lead and Manager level. If you would like to share your details with us for future opportunities across Australia or New Zealand, please feel free to submit your details which we will keep on file and reach out to you as soon as a suitable position becomes available.
As Lead Experience Designer at AKQA, your role involves championing user-centred design processes and techniques. We look for people who can demonstrate a strong sense of craft and have proven track record of building strong relationships with clients and collaborating with project teams to create innovative solutions.
Located in Australia (either Melbourne or Sydney), you’ll work in an innovative and inclusive culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields. You’ll also have the opportunity to learn within a creative and technically advanced team.
- Experience Designers at AKQA often have a hybrid UX and UI skillset. The specific role requirements will be assessed based on area of specialism as an UI or UX focused experience designer.
- Experience in Product Design.
- Working in cross functional teams.
- Understanding of agile work environments.
- Web and Mobile Design for large complex projects.
- Ideally at least 6 years as a User Interface / Product Designer.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Wireframes, user stories, rapid prototyping.
- Leading Design related workshops.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in Figma, Adobe CS, Sketch, Invision and other prototyping tools.
- Proficient in design for website and mobile applications.
- Lots of creative flare and eye for designing beautiful aesthetics.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.