Melbourne – Wurundjeri Country, Australia
Lead Experience Designer (UI)
Experience Designers at AKQA craft, concept, and deliver interfaces that make technology more natural and enjoyable to use. With expertise in design strategy, technology and brand, our design team of researchers, visual designers and user experience designers take a human-centred approach to create beautiful and meaningful brand experiences.
As Lead Experience (UI) Designer, you oversee and deliver accessible and meaningful experiences of the highest quality. You demonstrate curiosity and a strong sense of craft, and champion user-centred design. You’re accountable for consistent quality and overall UI design excellence across accounts.
At AKQA Melbourne, you’ll work in an innovative and inclusive culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields. You’ll also have the opportunity to learn and grow within a creative and technically advanced team, and have access to ongoing personal and professional development. At AKQA, we are committed to both your career growth and your work/life balance. Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and Indigenous people are encouraged to apply for this role.
- Drive, inspire and mentor the team to deliver end-to-end UI design projects, ensuring outcomes meet both business and user goals.
- Ensure a collaborative ‘one team’ approach of both client and agency.
- Demonstrate sound design principles via artefacts such as user flows, IA, sitemaps and wireframes, coupled with a high degree of comfort in producing prototypes using tools such as Axure and Sketch.
- Inspire and motivate the team to create and deliver impactful work across an agile methodology.
- Experience facilitating user research and stakeholder interviews.
- Experience driving customer journeys and roadmaps.
- Provide UI mentorship across accounts and the wider Experience Design discipline.
- Identify new opportunities to improve sprint-based process with other team members.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Strong experience within a dedicated UI role (client-side or agency).
- Compelling portfolio of distinctive UI work.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Able to build strong relationships with client stakeholders.
- Able to mentor and grow a team, demonstrating a strong collaborative spirit.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and Indigenous people are encouraged to apply for this role.Apply