Sydney – Gadigal Country, Australia
Lead Experience Designer (UX)
Experience Designers at AKQA craft, concept, and deliver interfaces that make technology more natural and enjoyable to use. With expertise in design strategy, technology and brand, our design team of researchers, visual designers and user experience designers take a human-centred approach to create beautiful and meaningful brand experiences.
Our Lead User Experience (UX) Designers oversee and deliver accessible and meaningful experiences of the highest quality. They demonstrate curiosity and a strong sense of craft, and champion user-centred design. They are accountable for consistent quality and overall UX design excellence across accounts.
Located in Sydney, as part of AKQA you’ll work in an innovative and inclusive culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields. You’ll also have the opportunity to learn and grow within a creative and technically advanced team, and have access to ongoing personal and professional development. At AKQA, we are committed to both your career growth and your work/life balance.
- Drive, inspire and mentor the team to deliver end-to-end UX design projects, ensuring outcomes meet both business and customer goals.
- Ensure a collaborative ‘one team’ approach of both client and agency.
- Demonstrate sound design, usability and accessibility principles and standards, via artefacts such as user flows, IA, site maps and wireframes, coupled with a high degree of comfort in producing prototypes using tools such as Figma and Sketch.
- Experience faciliatating user research and stakeholder interviews.
- Experience driving customer journeys and product roadmaps.
- Provide UX mentorship across accounts and the wider XD discipline.
- Identify new opportunities to improve design process with other team members and disciplines.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Strong experience within a dedicated UX role (client-side or agency).
- Compelling portfolio of distinctive UX work.
- Experience working on complex, enterprise scale platform solutions
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to build strong relationships with client stakeholders.
- Able to mentor and grow a team, demonstrating a strong collaborative spirit.
- Experience working in an agile environment within a multidisciplinary team.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and Indigenous people are encouraged to apply for this role.Apply