Auckland – Tāmaki Makaurau, New Zealand
Lead QA (Automation) Engineer
At AKQA, we have a culture of excellence in Software Development and Marketing Technology and pride ourselves on our track record of helping our clients leverage enterprise platform features. Our Quality Assurance team ensures the quality and optimal release of all engineering products to help clients realise only the best iteration of each solution.
As a Lead QA Automation Engineer, you will spearhead best practice implementation in Testing Automation. You will ensure that this aligns with and supports teams to deliver projects to AKQA's quality standards. You will be part of our Technology Leaders, leading and implementing best practice Quality and Testing in all projects.
Located in Auckland, as part of AKQA you’ll work in an innovative and inclusive culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields. You’ll also have the opportunity to learn and grow within a creative and technically advanced team, and have access to ongoing personal and professional development. At AKQA, we are committed to both your career growth and your work/life balance.
- Lead and implement best-practice techniques of test automation across many projects.
- Partner with technology and project teams to understand product architectures and upcoming projects in order to develop and implement effective automation test strategy.
- Constantly evaluate and improve overall QA processes, techniques, and tools to effectively deliver quality products.
- Ownership of quality by ensuring bugs are resolved on time and automated test scripts are maintained.
- Awareness of new technology, operating systems and testing tools, etc. to maintain awareness of technological advances.
- Subject matter expert on the overall architecture of the system.
- Build effective relationships with clients and address any issues as part of QA process improvements.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Subject matter expert in test automation, both in UI level as well as API level.
- Deep experience in relevant automated testing tools such as Cypress, Selenium WebDriver, Playwright, Specflow, etc.
- Strong understanding of CI/CD and various DevOps tools, and how automated testing integrates within it.
- Strong understanding of Containerization technologies such as Docker, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in leading and mentoring QA teams. Experience in inspiring and driving teams for success.
- Demonstrated experience in leading best practice technical implementation in test automation.
- Demonstrated experience in managing business expectations.
- Strong technical knowledge in web technologies.
- Experience in Performance and Security testing is highly advantageous though not mandatory.
- Experience in various Content Management System (CMS) platforms such as Sitecore, Adobe AEM, Contentful, etc. is advantageous though not mandatory.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply