Media Budget Coordinator
At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
From our location in San Francisco's SOMA district - the epicenter of the Bay Area's technology industry - AKQA offers our staff the opportunity to produce meaningful work for world-class companies in one of the world's most vibrant and beautiful cities.
The Media Budget Coordinator will be an integral part of the media team with the primary responsibility of media budget management. Your role will be to support the Media and Media Finance teams. He/she will be responsible for ensuring the full financial health of our media campaigns. Duties include, but are not limited to: attending all relevant media planning/budgeting meetings, maintaining up to date budget tracker, processing budget documents, and ensuring all vendors are paid and campaigns are reconciled in a timely manner.
As a Media Budget Coordinator, you will gain knowledge of the fundamentals in fiscal management for our media clients. You will report directly to the Media Finance Manager with a dotted line to a Media Planner or Media Supervisor. This is an entry level position and will have the ability to gain a general understanding of advertising and media planning through working in a media team environment.
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining attention to detail
- Curious personality with a can-do attitude
- Highly-motivated with a comfort level in working with minimal supervision
- Checking and processing invoices, matched against delivery, in a timely manner; work with Media team to push clearance of discrepancies
- Working with Finance AP teams and media teams to ensure proper payment
- Assist with internal and external budget management deliverables and questions
- Constant maintenance of budget tracking documentation
- Assist with monthly/quarter reporting to agency (e.g., actual reporting for media spending, etc.)
- Review and follow-up on aged WIP on a monthly basis
- Maintain a positive working relationship with vendors, internal AP and media teams
- Extensive use of Excel