Mobile Technical Lead
At AKQA and Millipede, an AKQA group company, we believe that the application of education, creativity and technology can make a meaningful difference to people’s lives.
An exciting position has just opened up for a passionate and enthusiastic Mobile Technical Lead at Millipede, AKQA's award-winning interactive mobile experiences hub. As a Mobile Technical Lead, you will bring your extensive experience delivering world-class mobile apps to a leadership role in our technical engineering team. Working in a collaborative multi-disciplinary environment, you will lead the technical delivery of projects, and help manage, grow and inspire our team of expert mobile developers. This role incorporates a significant hands-on tools contribution to our projects.
Located in Melbourne, as part of Millipede, you will work in a meritocratic culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields. You will have the opportunity to learn and grow within a creative and technically advanced team, and have access to ongoing personal and professional development. At AKQA and Millipede we are committed to your career growth, as well as to your work/life balance.
- Mobile development and delivery (apps and/or games) across the entire software development life cycle, in a technical leadership capacity
- Responsible for providing technical oversight and ensuring the quality of technical output
- Technical business requirements discovery
- Solution design and documentation
- Managing developers of varying seniority
- Interacting with clients, and helping develop client relationships, in the role of an expert technical advisor
- Contributing to new business opportunities, such as specifying and quoting the technical delivery of proposed solutions
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Excellent programming fundamentals
- Experience making foundational architectural decisions for mobile projects of varying scale
- An awareness of secure-by-design mobile engineering strategies
- Significant experience communicating with or developing RESTful APIs
- Experience collaborating with multiple vendors and integrating projects with complex technical ecosystems
- Deep knowledge of platform-sensitive user behaviours and interaction paradigms across mobile operating systems and devices
- Ability to integrate high fidelity creative designs to an exceptional standard of polish
- Experience with build systems, deployment tools, device management, Apple App Store and Google Play application submission
- Ability to monitor performance, review code, provide feedback and foster skills development of developers of varying seniority
- Exceptional written and oral communication
- A confident, approachable, supportive, positive demeanour
- Game development experience
- AWS experience (primarily: EC2, RDS, CloudWatch, SNS)
- Agency experience in a similar setting
- Familiarity with human-centred design practices
- Experience interviewing/hiring developers
- A professional interest or intellectual curiosity in any of the following areas:
- Gaming and game design
- Apps facilitating education and learning
- Apps for children
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.