At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products, and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
As part of the AKQA Creative team, the Motion Designer will play an essential role in the creation of original and exciting moving and still image content. You will bring exceptional creative thought and technical skills to develop and deliver projects from brief to final production.
Located in Copenhagen, Denmark as part of AKQA, you’ll work in a meritocratic culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields. You’ll also have the opportunity to learn and grow within a creative and technically advanced team and have access to ongoing personal and professional development. At AKQA, we are committed to both your career growth and your work/life balance.
- Experience of delivering quality sound production for moving image work.
- Experience using motion design software such as Adobe After Effects, design software such as Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, editing software such as Adobe Premiere Pro., re-touching software such as Adobe Lightroom and colour-grading software such as Da Vinci Resolve.
- Demonstrate good understanding of the post-production workflow.
- Inspire and deliver award-winning work from both yourself and from others who work with you, influencing, where appropriate, a dramatic change through ideas, creativity and the use of interactive media.
- Listen and respond to a brief, understanding where/if there are gaps. Know what questions to ask during briefing session in order to act upon it; understand how to respond to a brief.
- Play an active role in idea generation with senior members of Creative team to conceptualise world class, innovative ideas that deliver successful solutions. Clearly communicate ideas and thoughts.
- Consistently deliver a number of successful solutions and high-quality work to clients on time.
- Advise on timescales for scoping/budget requirements for the motion graphics element of a given project.
- Learn new skills, stay abreast of technical and digital design developments, and successfully apply these to work practices to improve processes and procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Previous experience in-house or within a creative studio in a role focussed on high standard motion graphics and design work, plus an outstanding creative portfolio.
- Able to mentor, motivate, and inspire your team and co-workers.
- Entrepreneurial, forward-thinking and positive mind-set with a personable and professional approach.
- Sharp attention to detail and a passion for new technology.
- Collaborative ‘one team’ approach that enables client and agency partners to work together seamlessly.
- Business-level English skills. Danish language skills a plus.