Washington DC, United States
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and experiences that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
The Motion Director at AKQA will approach every brief with fresh eyes and inspire the design team by shaping an informed and holistic design vision from the ground up. They are passionate and thoughtful about the work, from the time they’re briefed to the final execution and delivery. They also display strong communication skills and are able to lead others creatives, collaborate across disciplines, and communicate thoughtfully and clearly to clients.
Based in DC, our collaborative teams work across a broad range of clients in design, strategy, analytics, product management, content, user experience and technology, with a core focus in the creation of brand-centric integrated campaign work.
We exist to create the future with our clients and that partnership is the basis of our practice. We work collaboratively across client teams to ensure each experience is of the highest quality and has a measurable impact on the customer and business alike.
- Understands the ask in a given brief and leads design teams in conceptualizing unexpected ideas.
- Exhibits the ability to produce compelling ideas and work with their creative team to develop them into tangible motion-specific solutions across digital, experiential, real-world mediums and more.
- Experience in the branding space, with the ability to translate branding systems to integrated mediums.
- Strong leadership skills within the creative team, and the ability to collaborate with and mentor other creatives.
- Communicates and represents motion design vision clearly to creative, internal and external stakeholders.
- Inspires the visual design team with new ways of thinking, passion and enthusiasm.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience in the creative industry
- All candidates must possess a portfolio showcasing a comprehensive understanding of the creative process, including how both conceptual and executional skills contribute to a finished project.
- A solid understanding of the branding and marketing industry at large; an ability and a desire to adapt to the changing landscape of technology
- Experience in, and enthusiasm for, bringing creative concepts and branding to life from brief to delivery.
- Experience in collaborating effectively with creatives who are both senior and junior to them.
- Strong communication skills: Verbal, written, interpersonal and interdepartmental
- Superb professionalism and mature presence in all aspects of the job
- Enthusiasm, passion and on-going curiosity.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply