London, United Kingdom
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
As part of the Core Services team in London, the Office Assistant/Receptionist will support all aspects of AKQA studio’s everyday operational and maintenance needs, organising company events and fostering an inclusive and enjoyable culture.
Responsible for ensuring the AKQA studio space is representative of our core values of innovation, service, quality and thought, this individual will address all visitors, external clients, guests and AKQA employees in a professional manner, anticipating their needs, and ensuring they enjoy a world-class customer service at all time.
Supporting the Office Manager, this individual will help redefine studio services and contribute to the team and office through consistently striving to improve AKQA processes and procedures where necessary.
- Reception Responsibilities - responding to calls in prompt and courteous manner; developing deep knowledge of both AKQA global and studio leadership to ensure calls directly appropriately; meeting and greeting all visitors to studio, including new employees; issuing and cancelling all security passes.
- Meeting & Event Organisation - coordinating rooms requests; managing daily meeting room schedule; completing detailed set-up and clear-down of all meeting rooms to a high standard: assisting with the organisation and set-up of all internal events and contribute to event ideas; overseeing the scheduling of appointments e.g., massage and manicurist.
- Administrative & Financial Support - organising the packaging and delivery of packages and gifts; managing and distributing incoming post & packages; working with the Finance team to obtain prerequisite travel authorisation, assisting with the reconciliation of accommodation spend.
- Contact Management - maintaining up-to-date records of all employees' contact details as well as main numbers for all other AKQA studios.
- Communication - responding to LON Office Services requests with quick, efficient response and close-out rates.
- Studio Upkeep - maintaining reception desk to a high standard; monitoring outward appearance and organisation of studio including post room, stock rooms, stationery and communal areas, ensuring working environment is fit and tidy for purpose; replenishing stock of vending machines, water coolers and stationery areas.
- Studio Maintenance - carrying out maintenance tasks on daily basis to ensure safe and comfortable working environment including checks on office equipment, lighting, and temperature; organising and overseeing any on-site maintenance, managing contractors and ensuring they comply with H&L legislations.
- Travel Coordination - acting as one of the main points of contact for travel companies; assisting the booking of travel arrangement for employees and passport/VISA requirements; coordinating travel to and from office when required.
- Vendor management - assisting with ordering catering for meetings, events, kitchen, including vending supplies, H&S products and office items; managing and building relationships with preferred suppliers.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Experience working in either a service, hospitality or luxury role for a similar dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- ‘Concierge’ level of attention to customer service and client focus.
- Acute attention to detail and a drive for Excellence
- Passionate about our high standards and with meticulous attention to detail.
- Extremely entrepreneurial self-starter.
- Dynamic personality with a strong bias to action who is quick on their feet.
- Demonstrated ability to set and implement priorities, manage multiple tasks, and work to tight deadlines and high service levels.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem-solver with high attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Outlook with good numerical skills
- Creative and intuitive; proactive and curious, thriving for a stellar employee experience.
This individual will be based on-site and core working hours may vary depending on events, so flexibility is key.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply