Office Manager (Part time)
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
As part of the Core Services team, the Office Manager is responsible for all aspects of AKQA Berlin’s everyday operational and maintenance needs. You will ensure that the AKQA studio space is representative of our core values of innovation, service, quality and thought. Addressing all visitors, external clients and AKQA employees in a professional manner, anticipating their needs, and ensuring they enjoy a world-class customer service at all times.
Located in Berlin, AKQA has a meritocratic culture that encourages ownership. In a progressive environment that fosters collaboration, at AKQA you will work with some of the brightest minds in their fields.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Organise internal and external events, being a champion for office culture
- Responsible in partnership with HR of all the workplace safety initiatives.
- Maintain positive contacts with all vendors, colleagues, clients and regular guests
- Effective provision of facilities and services for clients and colleagues
- Strive to improve systems and services around the office, always with a custom orientated approach, a sustainability mindset and fostering an easy, welcoming and positive experience
- Enhance the office space, ensuring cleanliness and quality
- Work in partnership with IT, HR and Recruiting for all new employees to ensure a positive on and off-boarding experience
- Support on the office and facilities needs in other AKQA work spaces around Germany and eventually location scouting for bigger office moves
- Conduct all internal office moves together with IT
- Preparation of the pre-accountancy and invoices
- Select appropriate suppliers and ensure outsourced office projects are delivered on time, within budget and to the highest standard
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Acute attention to detail and a drive for perfection
- Passionate about what you do and can effectively communicate with/inspire clients and colleagues
- Prior experience of working in a facilities and front desk role in a dynamic, fast-paced creative agency or consultancy
- Able to uphold a positive attitude at all times on the phone and in person
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both German and English
- Experience working with architects, contractors and interior designers preferred
- Exceptional organizational skills, the ability to multi task amongst constantly shifting priorities
- Creative and intuitive; always thinking of new initiatives to improve employee experience and the office space
- “No Job is Too Small” attitude, i.e. willing to roll up sleeves and dive in with the team
- An eye for aesthetic