Atlanta, United States & New York, United States & Portland, United States & San Francisco, United States & Washington DC, United States
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
The Payroll Manager is responsible for managing payroll across AKQA North America (roughly 500 employees). The right candidate for this role will be a subject matter expert in the area of Payroll and ADP system and will partner with the North America People and Finance teams.
This position can be based out of any of our North American studios: New York, San Francisco, Atlanta, Washington D.C., or Portland.
- Subject matter expert for all payroll related functions, systems, legislation, and IRS rules
- Liaise with WPP to maintain and manage payroll system, upgrades, system integrations, etc.
- Create and develop new processes to ensure departmental efficiency; recommend improvements wherever necessary
- Oversee daily payroll department operations and the payroll team
- Work with the People team to develop KPIs for payroll team and manage the team to meet KPIs
- Work with People team to develop employee communications and to anticipate employee needs
- Perform other job-related duties as required
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in a Payroll Management role in a multilocation environment
- Knowledge of and experience using ADP EV5 payroll system
- Strong executive presence and communication skills
- Previous experience in large-scale system integrations
- Proven success in planning and managing projects to completion
- Ability to partner with remote teams in different markets
- Interest in taking the initiative to continually improve all payroll programs, policies, and processes
- Ability to adapt to frequently changing schedules and priorities; experience in operating in a dynamic, fast paced environment where change is constant and demanding, and clear structure/process may not be apparent
- Solid excel skills, knowledge of pivot tables and v-lookups
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and prioritize workload with strong follow-through
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply