New York, United States
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
At AKQA, the Payroll Specialist is responsible for assisting in payroll administration across AKQA North America (roughly 1500 employees). They will be working with the Payroll Manager to process payroll, as well as assisting employees with all payroll related inquiries. Payroll Specialists at AKQA are comfortable with working across multiple offices and timezones, as we are a global company with multiple locations across North America. Furthermore, we run multiple payroll cycles a month, so this Payroll Specialist will need to feel comfortable juggling the schedule of this type of work.
The city that never sleeps provides us with constant inspiration. We harness this in the heart of Union Square, where old meets new.
Our New York studio offers teams the opportunity to produce innovative work that moves world-class companies, and their communities forward. All disciplines collaborate to find the best solution while delivering each aspect to the highest standard. From products and services to imaginative storytelling, our shared vision is to create experiences that drive progress and results. We are fortunate to partner with forward-thinking clients, including Verizon, IBM, Mayo Clinic, HSS, Volvo, and Campari.
We empower our teams and clients to make what’s next, while working towards the ultimate acknowledgement, “Only in New York!”
- Run reports before, during, and after payroll as needed.
- Audit data integrity between ADP EV5 and multiple timekeeping platforms, pulling reports from each and running tests to ensure accuracy in processing of the information.
- Partner with other Payroll Specialists and Payroll Manager to problem solve and help implement new processes to streamline the payroll process.
- Monitor timekeeping for accuracy in order to ensure wages and benefits are properly distributed.
- Provide administrative support of ADP, including day to day support, training and documentation.
- Assist with any system upgrades or integrations as appropriate and under the management of the Payroll Manager.
- Record processes and procedures and share with HR teams in various locations.
- Under the guidance of the Payroll Manager, process and monitor off-cycle payments as needed.
- Assist with audition employee information prior to W2 creation during tax season.
- Help employees on the East and West Coast with all payroll matters.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- A minimum of 5 years of payroll experience
- Experience assisting the payroll process, preferably with experience in a multi-location environment
- Knowledge and experience working in ADP EV5
- Ability to analyze, research and resolve payroll inquiries
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel (vlookups, pivot tables)
- Previous experience in system integration
- Previous experience in benefits administration is preferred, but not required
- A detail-oriented, organized, self-starter
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply