London, United Kingdom
At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
As a People Advisor, you will provide accurate and practical advice and assistance on all aspects of HR and employment law, tailored to meet the business needs. You will work collaboratively with the rest of the team to provide employees with unmatched career opportunities. A key part of the role is being able to handle a fast moving, constantly changing environment, to be passionate about talent, generate energy and contribute to anything that comes your way.
- Builds successful ‘trusted advisor’ relationships with all employees.
- Oversees the starters process and supports People Administrator with weekly onboarding.
- Oversees the leavers process, undertaking exit interviews, collates, and analyses feedback.
- Contributes to the generation of ideas and assists the wider People team in the delivery of People projects and initiatives across the Company, including; Onboarding, Global mobility, Mental health at work, Diversity & Inclusion, Annual employee surveys, Benefits and Flexible working.
- Constantly looks for ways to improve the People team offering to the business and is proactive in suggesting and scoping changes.
- Periodically reviews and recommends updates to HR policies.
- Supports People Administrator to maintain the (HRIS) ensuring that all employee details are up to date and changes are tracked.
- Uses HR data to drive proactive HR interventions when appropriate and shares HR Reports quarterly.
- Manages day-to-day generalist queries and employee related issues including pay, performance, policies, and procedures. Seeks support or escalates to Senior People Manager where required.
- Partners with managers on any ER issues. Leads basic performance improvement, disciplinary and grievance meetings offering pragmatic solutions to resolve issues in a timely manner. Supports Senior People Managers as note taker in more complex meetings.
- Manages employees’ probationary periods, dealing with successes, extensions, and failures in a timely manner.
- Regularly monitors employee holiday and sickness absence rates, reporting any issues.
- Coordinates arrangements for Maternity, Paternity and Parental leave as required and manages applications for flexible working and career breaks.
- Supports the Senior People Manager in ensuring performance review processes are effective and approached consistently by managers.
- Supports employee relocations, to and from London and other offices, giving guidance on the relocation process, tracking budgets and providing support as required. Manages the visa application process for employees.
- Maintains a proficient working knowledge of monthly payroll inputting processes required to be completed by People Administrator and act as a point of cover in their absence.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Passion for People and Talent.
- A confident user of MS Office, Excel, Project, PowerPoint and Word.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Works collaboratively - recognises the value and responsibility of working in a team.
- Ability to work under pressure towards deadlines.
- Ability to analyse information and present it in a concise and impactful manner.
- Confidence in building relationships at all levels.
- Results oriented and delivery focussed.
- Experience of working in a dynamic and fluid environment where clear structure and process may not always be apparent.
- Deals constructively with frustration and pressure, maintaining a professional and positive manner.
- An understanding of UK employment Law.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply