New York, United States & San Francisco, United States & Washington D.C., United States
PR Director - Americas
The PR Director leads the development of AKQA’s reputation externally as well as internally. Ensuring that every touch point supports and champions AKQA's founding values of Innovation, Service, Quality and Thought the role leads in creating processes that enable the company to maintain its quality image with staff, current and potential clients, industry influencers and the public.
Passion, conscientiousness, adaptability, loyalty and integrity are all fundamental qualities that we look for. Our focus is growth of excellence across everything we do; sharing our work, thought leadership, AKQA Insight events and our annual Future Lions program.
AKQA enjoyed a successful 2019 winning two Cannes Lions Grand Prix’s, a Clio Grand Prix and continues to be named as a leader by Gartner and Forrester. AKQA is 2,200 employees across 29 global studios. This role focuses PR and marketing initiatives for our America studios: San Francisco, LA, Portland, New York, Washington DC., Atlanta and Sao Paulo.
In turn, we offer a vibrant working environment with limitless opportunities for personal and professional development.
- Maintains frequent communication and relationships with top tier and industry publications in the Americas
- Ensures AKQA is represented regularly in features, thought pieces and compelling leading company recognition lists, including Agency of the Year
- Implement the foundations of a PR strategy for news distribution and exclusive opportunities – strategizing thought leadership themes across the region in partnership with studio marketing leads to align news announcements and optimize press coverage
- Effective PR planning (timing, messaging, exclusives) for each opportunity and angles for story/features that positions AKQA and our clients positively
- Appoint 3rd party PR partners and manage the relationships when necessary
- Craft compelling press releases on behalf of AKQA and obtain approvals where necessary
- Liaise and build relationships with clients and their press offices; advise and support communication effort for AKQA led work
- Ensure regional news/stories and work are covered in AKQA Weekly, and social channels
- Identify internal and external spokespeople to champion AKQA and our work
- Manage high profile conference appearances, speaking engagements and programs for designated AKQA spokespeople
- Identify marketing and partnership opportunities that can build the AKQA brand globally and locally
- Attend conferences and coordinate attendance of AKQA and client representatives
- This role reports to the CMO and managing partners in the Americas
- Management of the wider AKQA Marketing and PR team in Americas and develop and evaluate associated KPIs
- The ideal candidate will ideally reside in San Francisco, NYC or Washington DC
- Ability to travel periodically throughout the Americas and occasionally to Europe
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- The Ideal candidate will have 8-10 years of experience in PR and Marketing within the advertising, design and creative industry with excellent contacts
- The Ideal candidate will have extensive experience working with industry publications and high-profile Industry awards to ensure company recognition and placement
- The ideal candidate will be experienced engaging with clients and journalists
- Proficient in Keynote, MS Word, PowerPoint, and MS Excel. This is for the purpose of ensuring the creation of creative and engaging content that is both verbally and visually captivating to the audience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience of producing press releases, copywriting and delivering presentations
We look for the following characteristics in our people:
We look for people that aim high, for whom ‘the impossible’ has a special attraction. People that are open to new ideas, new experiences and exploring alternative avenues for solving a problem or unlocking an opportunity. Our people aspire for a wealth of adventures in their journey with AKQA so they keep challenging themselves and our teams to unleash the potential.
We look for people that are conscientious because they take pride in everything they do. Conscientious people are reliable, responsible, rigorous, well-organized and plan ahead. Never willing to rest on their laurels, conscientious people always believe that they are only as good as their next project.
We look for people that have a contagious passion and genuine enthusiasm about their role and work they create. This passion and desire brings positive energy and contributes to accomplishing the extraordinary.
We look for people that, with a leap of the imagination, develop creative and effective solutions. People that have limitless curiosity and are always looking at ways to re-invent approaches, products and services.
We work with leaders within many of the world’s most prestigious and influential companies. We therefore look for people who demonstrate leadership - whether through work, sports, community, entrepreneurialism, school, or extracurricular activities - and can foster effective teamwork to drive results, positive change, and also help others achieve their goals.
Our people need to be adaptable to the ever-evolving requirements of both projects and client activity level. Flexibility, change, and a degree of comfort with ambiguity are therefore crucial characteristics for all our employees. As an international firm with clients, projects and offices all over the world, our employees may need to travel depending on the assignment or responsibility.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.