You are responsible for the PR strategies in North America and forming part of the global marketing team. You will also assist in creating processes that enable the company to maintain its quality image with current and potential clients, staff, industry influencers, and the general public. This role interacts directly with journalists and the internal leadership team. You will work on a number of PR plans, including Client, Thought Leadership, and more, along with handling inbound and outbound PR activities.
- Drafts yearly PR strategies for NA offices to align with the global PR/marketing objectives for the following year.
- Works closely with Senior PR Manager, Marketing Directors, and Managers to align news announcements across all channels and optimize press coverage.
- Plans PR strategy (timing, messaging, exclusives) for all news communications.
- Supports and reviews for development the Thought Leadership content.
- Assists with approval on press release copies (key work launches, new office openings, new key hires)
- Handles inbound requests for interviews with key AKQA people and creates researched and simplified pitches for them.
- Manages journalist relations for key AKQA people.
- Liaises and builds relationships with client leads to schedule when work is launching and prepare announcements .
- Supports business development; provides relevant case studies and recognition.
- Plans and facilitates photo shoots; ensures that biographies are kept up to date and to AKQA standard and style.
- Prepares pitches and presents them to leading titles.
- Proactively identifies titles relevant to AKQA work.
- Ensures media lists for the United States are up to date.
- Monitors coverage of AKQA online/offline; takes screenshots/press clippings.
- Identifies content and helps with write-ups for the AKQA internal newsletter.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.