Melbourne – Wurundjeri Country, Australia & Sydney – Gadigal Country, Australia
Principal Experience Designer (Melbourne)
Experience Designers at AKQA craft, concept, and deliver interfaces that make technology more natural and enjoyable to use. With expertise in design strategy, technology and brand, our design team of researchers, visual designers and user experience designers take a human-centred approach to create beautiful and meaningful brand experiences.
As Principal Experience Designer, you oversee and deliver accessible and meaningful experiences of the highest quality. You demonstrate curiosity and a strong sense of craft, and champion user-centred design. You’re accountable for consistent quality and overall UI design excellence across accounts.
At AKQA Australia, you’ll work in an innovative and inclusive culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields. You’ll also have the opportunity to learn and grow within a creative and technically advanced team, and have access to ongoing personal and professional development. At AKQA, we are committed to both your career growth and your work/life balance. Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and Indigenous people are encouraged to apply for this role.
- Drive, inspire and mentor the team to deliver end-to-end UI, brand and visual design projects, ensuring outcomes meet both business and user goals.
- Ensure a collaborative ‘one team’ approach of both client and agency.
- Demonstrate sound design principles via artefacts such as conceptual art boards, user flows, wireframes and hi fidelity designs, coupled with a high degree of comfort in producing prototypes using tools such as Figma.
- Inspire and motivate the team to create and deliver impactful work across an agile methodology.
- Support user research and stakeholder interviews.
- Inspire innovation and creative thinking to deliver results.
- Elevate the quality and uniqueness of the work we deliver.
- Identify and create opportunities for the team to think and craft beyond expected outcomes.
- Converge strategic, design and production thinking, to ensure the highest quality standard of what we deliver.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Strong experience within a dedicated UI role (client-side or agency).
- Compelling portfolio of distinctive UI, visual storytelling and brand related work.
- Proven experience with motion design and animation tools.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Able to build strong relationships with client stakeholders.
- Able to mentor and grow a team, demonstrating a strong collaborative spirit.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and Indigenous people are encouraged to apply for this role.