Principal Software Engineer
The AKQA Technology team continually push boundaries with their enablement of brand experiences. Combining a technology agnostic approach and a philosophy of continuous improvement, they craft innovative and high quality solutions which play a vital role in the digital eco-systems of our world-class clients.
As a Principal Software Engineer you will be responsible for designing, developing, deploying and maintaining innovative solutions using leading technologies. You will work as part of a diverse team including Product Owners, Technical Architects, Project Managers, Creatives and other varied disciplines; all focussed on delivering cutting edge solutions.
You will love working in a team of highly skilled people, all with strong opinions about various technologies, frameworks and approaches to delivery. You will be able to articulate your ideas to your colleagues effectively and will take on board the ideas of others. You will thrive when faced with new challenges and will constantly look to improve clients’ deliverables.
Located in Berlin, Germany, as part of the AKQA team, you will work in an environment that fosters a dynamic and meritocratic culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields.
- A practical problem-solver, who explores both innovative and pragmatic solutions depending on the challenge.
- Personable presentation skills.
- Consistently delivers high quality project tasks on time and to budget.
- Receives a high level of internal and external client satisfaction.
- Makes a positive contribution to the team and receives positive feedback from team members.
- Strives to learn new skills and stays abreast of technical developments, successfully applying them to work practices.
- Consistently performs well against billability and utilisation targets.
- Constantly strives to improve processes and procedures.
- Balance of industry best practices, principles, quality assurance and innovation in design and implementation.
- Relentlessly reviews the standard of work, ensuring that only work meeting the highest levels of quality are delivered.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Proven experience working as a Software Engineer.
- Cloud & cloud-native computing expertise. Understanding of AWS Cloud and/or Azure Cloud.
- Expertise or interest in fields like IoT, AI, Machine Learning, VR/AR, etc.
- Experience with DevOps, pipelines, platforms, OS.
- Digital product development experience.
- Comfortable learning new technologies as part of the day-to-day work.
- A degree in computer science or a related discipline.
- Experience working in a creative and/or agency environment is advantageous.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.