San Francisco, United States
Principal, User Experience
At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
Working collaboratively with business stakeholders, the Principal, User Experience and the UX design team leverage qualitative and quantitative research to inform our work with insights into customer behaviors and motivations; evaluating business solutions for customer needs; properly framing the problem at hand and translating it into actionable design recommendations that guide our creative explorations. This approach allows us to deliver on business needs and user goals through innovation, utility, functionality and ease of use, deepening customers’ brand loyalty and achieving even the most ambitious business targets.
The Principal, User Experience leads, and is responsible for, the UX Design practice at AKQA San Francisco, and all of the UX Designers, nurturing and shaping their skills and growth. It’s their responsibility to drive user-centered-design processes in partnership with the strategy, creative and technology teams. They also own and oversee and guide all UX Design work across the office. As an invaluable partner to the clients, they fulfill their business goals by creating world-class customer experiences.
Based in the heart of the SOMA district, the epicenter of the Bay Area’s technology industry. Our San Francisco studio offers staff the opportunity to produce meaningful work for world-class companies in one of the world’s most vibrant and beautiful cities.
With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive services. We build experiences and applications that capture the imagination and deliver proven business results for our clients, including Facebook, PayPal, Uber, The Clorox Company, IBM, Levi’s and more.
Our San Francisco studio is uniquely diverse in its resident skillsets enabling employees to solve across the full spectrum of experience solutions. Ranging from strategy, creative and development through to programmatic media, integrated paid search, social marketing and predictive analytics.
- Provide the best-in-industry user experience consultancy and business strategy insights to c-level clients as a fully accepted partner
- Prototype and implement beautiful products with design that not only visually arrests but elevates intended features and services
- Drive the effort to implement world-class solutions across multiple projects and oversees planning, concept development, and design
- Work in a hands-on capacity internally and with the client in helping to develop strategy and vision, conceptual models, personas, scenarios, wireframes, and User Interfaces
- Develop and help evolve the user experience capabilities and approach, including user experience tools, processes, best practices, and key deliverables
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- An experienced creative leader with a compelling portfolio of distinctive work that spans product, service and platform design
- An experienced, leader who will lead, inspire and motivate the team to create and deliver truly remarkable, influential and impactful work
- Fearless, boundlessly creativity and relentless attention to detail
- Mastery with wireframing software such as Sketch, Adobe’s Experience Designer and Illustrator
- Mastery with prototyping software such as Figma, Axure, Invision or Framer
- Mastery of the user experience discipline and all relevant methodologies such as heuristic evaluation, usability testing, service blueprints, consumer journey mapping, personas, ecosystems, competitive audits, stakeholder/user interviews, etc
- A compelling portfolio of distinctive work that spans product/service design and storytelling
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply