Principal Web Developer
We are looking for passionate technologists to join our prestigious studio in Gothenburg. We value innovation, service, quality, and thought - which provides a unique opportunity to make a difference.
We aspire to help our clients unlock new opportunities through modern technology, and provide technology solutions as an enabler for their businesses. We value learning, and provide opportunities to grow, explore new technologies, and continuously develop.
Your role will be hands-on, leading development within an exemplar cross-functional team to produce high-quality work. In doing so you use the latest patterns & practices, evolutionary Cloud architecture and Agile/Lean principles.
As a lead, you will have exceptional full-stack development skills and be experienced in using modern Cloud technology. You will drive the architectural decisions and implementation detail to ensure quality is built-in and delivered with minimal risk. You will have the ability to inspire, teach, and coach others on the team through great communication skills, whilst maintaining high productivity.
You will also work closely with clients and product owners to validate their needs, understand their requirements, and ensure good collaboration across the team to deliver the most appropriate solution.
- Expert in modern web application development.
- Expert in one of the following frameworks: ReactJs/VueJs/Angular.
- Able to rapidly translate comps and wireframes into flexible and usable code.
- Experience working with Cloud infrastructure, and backend systems.
- Able to drive measurable code quality within teams.
- Experience setting up Continuous Integration/Deployment pipelines.
- Experience with Agile and/or Lean principles.
- Knowledge of both Object-Oriented and Functional programming is a benefit.
Qualities and Characteristics
- Genuine passion for technology, able to quickly upskill, learn, and problem solve.
- Take ownership of solutions and drive high-quality output within teams.
- Team player able to collaborate openly within teams and encourage involvement from others.
- Aptitude for consultancy and able to convey technical complexity in simple terms.
- Interest in all aspects of software delivery and desire to constantly improve.
- Able to Mentor and coach developers of all levels of experience.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.