Principal Web Developer
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering immersive experiences for our clients.
You will be working in a progressive, meritocratic environment, with access to world renowned thought leadership from all disciplines. As a Principal Software Engineer at AKQA you will be working with some of the brightest minds in their fields.
You should be an established Principal Web Developer and practitioner of the latest web technologies; building best in class applications, serving users on the modern web landscape, whatever that may be.
- Hands on development on medium to large scale projects as a Principal Web Developer.
- Lead and grow web development team with forward looking vision.
- Work closely with others to ensure good collaboration across all disciplines and to facilitate the solving of day-to-day challenges.
- Collaborate, coach and mentor other team members to help them grow their career.
- Understand client’s business goals and objectives in order to build the right technical solutions.
- Minimise technical risk and ensure a high-quality output.
- Implement testing strategies and promote rapid but high-quality development practices.
- Identify bottlenecks within delivery processes as they occur and be able to help influence behaviours within the team to help resolve these and protect the technical delivery.
- Operating in Lean and Agile methodologies or Hybrid approaches.
- React / NextJS
- Testing: Jest, Mocha
- Expertise in Server deployment for High availability and scalability.
- Expertise in designing and developing API endpoints (REST & GraphQL).
- Experience in Serverless Architectures, Microservice architectures and distributed systems. (MACH)
- Headless CMS and other SaaS product integrations.
- Experience with design tool workflows (Figma)
- Experience with Serverless Deployment Platforms (Vercel or Netlify)
- Experience with CI/CD Pipeline development and architectures.
- Experience with Cloud Hosting Providers (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Knowledge of algorithms, data structures, architectural design patterns and best practices
- AI services integration such as chatbots/conversation solutions or general machine learning experience beneficial
- Personalisation, experimentation and research of emerging technologies and solutions
- WebGL and realtime 3D (ThreeJS or Babylon) experience beneficial
QUALIFICATIONS & CHARACTERISTICS
- Computer Science Degree or equivalent industry experience.
- Advocate of Technical Delivery methodologies such as Agile (SCRUM & KANBAN) and opinion on the strengths of each.
- Advocate for improvements to processes, quality, and security.
- Analytical and positive mindset with a personable and professional approach.
- Sharp attention to detail and a passion for new technology.
- Boundlessly creative and relentlessly attentive to detail.
- Be able to talk about Technology to Non-technical audiences such as clients, stakeholders, and non-technical team members (especially UX & Creative).
- Be able to talk for Yourself, expressing opinions backed up by reasoned argument.
AKQA is committed to developing wellbeing and supporting life choices for our team. We provide an extensive range of benefits. To find out more click here.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.