London, United Kingdom
Principal Web Developer (Angular), Freelance
PRINCIPAL / LEAD WEB DEVELOPER (Angular)
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering immersive experiences for our clients.
Located in London (Farringdon), United Kingdom, you will be working in a progressive, meritocratic environment, with access to world renowned thought leadership from all disciplines and working with some of the brightest minds in their fields.
You should be an established Lead Angular Web Developer and practitioner of the latest web technologies; building best in class web applications, serving users on the modern web landscape, whatever that may be.
- Hands on development on medium to large scale projects.
- Expect a 70/30 split for hands-on development time and team lead activities.
- Work closely with others to ensure good collaboration across all disciplines and to facilitate the solving of day-to-day challenges.
- Collaborate, coach and mentor other team members whilst maintaining high levels of productivity.
- Understand client’s business goals and objectives in order to build the right technical solutions.
- Minimise technical risk and ensure a high-quality output.
- Implement testing strategies and promote rapid but high-quality development practices.
- Identify bottlenecks within delivery processes as they occur and be able to help influence behaviours within the team to help resolve these and protect the technical delivery.
- Operating in Lean and Agile methodologies or Hybrid approaches.
You will be a self-starting technologist who can draw parallels across a technology landscape and isn’t restricted by a specific skill set, however below is a list of skill sets we would expect;
- Expertise in Angular 9.0.0+.
- Experience with, and able to draw parallels with other JS frameworks specifically REACT.
- Experience with consuming, architecting and publishing reusable code, modules or libraries (npm) or Developing SDKs.
- Expertise of CSS3 & SASS; Selectors & Hierarchy, Layouts, Responsive Design, Knowledge of Flexbox, and CSS Object Model.
- Expertise in building web-applications using Responsive Design techniques.
- Expertise in graphic rendering using HTML5.
- Knowledge of Code performance and optimisation approaches and techniques.
- Experience with NodeJS scripting and applications.
- Experience working with and adapting CI/CD pipelines.
HIGHLY DESIRED SKILLS
- Experience building Design Systems, pattern libraries or SDKs.
- Experience with Web APIs (Geo, Storage, Device features, and Service workers).
QUALIFICATIONS & CHARACTERISTICS
- Computer Science Degree or equivalent industry experience.
- 6+ years’ industry experience.
- Advocate of Technical Delivery methodologies such as Agile (SCRUM & KANBAN) and opinion on the strengths of each, or Hybrid approaches.
- Proven experience of Leading a team of developers.
- Advocate for improvements to processes, quality, and security.
- Analytical and positive mindset with a personable and professional approach.
- Sharp attention to detail and a passion for new technology.
- Be able to talk for Technology to Non-technical audiences such as clients, stakeholders, and non-technical team members (especially UX & Creative).
- Be able to talk for Yourself, expressing opinions backed up by reasoned argument.
Please include your portfolio or github link. We would like to see your code.
This is a freelance opportunity for 2-3months. Please let us know your availability to start.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply