Principal Web Developer - Freelance role 6 months (Remote)
As a Principal, your role will be hands-on leading development within a cross-functional team to produce high-quality work. In doing so you use the latest patterns & practices, evolutionary Cloud architecture and Agile/Lean principles.
You will drive the architectural decisions and implementation detail to ensure quality is built-in and delivered with minimal risk. You will have the ability to inspire, teach, and coach others on the team through great communication skills, whilst maintaining high productivity.
- Experience with NextJs/Gatsby for static-site-generation at build-time
- Capable of translating comps into flexible and usable components
- Use of practices & patterns such as Clean Code, Domain-Driven Design
- Able to build quality in using modern testing techniques and frameworks
- Active participation within Agile teams or in applying Lean principles
- Integration with e-commerce APIs and/or Contentful is an advantage
Qualities and Characteristics
- A genuine passion for technology, able to quickly up-skill and learn
- Take ownership of solutions and drive high-quality output within teams
- Team player able to collaborate and encourage involvement from others
- Able to convey technical complexity in simple terms
- Interest across software delivery and desire to constantly improve
- Able to Mentor and coach developers of all levels of experience
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.