At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and content that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
As a Producer at AKQA, you are responsible for the management of complex end-to-end, full life-cycle cross-platform production projects of Digital & Creative Activation, Experiential, Mobile, AR/VR Games, Innovative storytelling, Photo & Video Live Action for Digital and Broadcast, Post-Production, Digital, Social & UGC media creation
The position consists of defining what typology of content is most relevant to be conceived given the context, targeted consumers, and client. The position requires strong knowledge about digital innovation, emerging technologies, and brand strategy. Producer must help build a relevant offering of digital and traditional production at the agency.
Producer is seen as a production expert and leader amongst the team while willing to understand new crafts, technologies and services when the need arises. Producer is keen to take on new challenges with a curious mind and is willing to explore emerging technologies like the creative possibilities of Web3, NFT and Crypto with the team.
Producer is involved in the concept phase to frame a safe and suitable production setup after proof-checking the feasibility of creative ideas. Producer is responsible from inception and scope definition through to delivery and is willing to find the right partners tailored to the needs of the production.
Producer appreciates and sets up the most suitable production systems to reach a balance between competitiveness towards our client, profitability of the projects and quality of the deliveries while also responsible for setting up fair and efficient partnerships with third parties so they guarantee to bring value.
This is a client-facing role requiring effective communication and management skills across several internal disciplines: Strategy, Client Services, Creative, sometimes Tech and Product, and proactively stays up to date on innovative craft in the realm of digital activation, experiential, innovation, and emerging technologies.
Located on the Herengracht canal in central Amsterdam, Producer will have access to our diverse network of specialists by collaborating across our twelve European studios. Producer will work in an environment which fosters a meritocratic culture and encourages ownership, and will be surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields.
- Closely work with the Creative, Project Management and Client Service teams to ensure and conduct meticulous scoping, planning, costing, and timing of projects.
- Evaluate and improve delivery practices and techniques. Notably by conceiving and crafting relevant and flexible management tools when needed (dashboards, financial models, etc.).
- Oversee the entire delivery and execution process, ensuring and facilitating effective team communication and collaboration, with the support of the Executive Producer throughout
- Ensure a collaborative ‘One Team’ approach comprising both client and agency representatives.
- Organize production systems and workflows as optimized as possible with a strong attention to detail and understanding of our clients products.
- Cultivate excellent communication towards internal teams, clients, and partners.
- Use AKQA’s software and systems to keep track of people and progress, as well as the financial performance for the project.
- Build effective AKQA SoW’s and articulate production workstreams, scope and risks accordingly.
- Ensure both aims of the project and quality standards are met.
- Select, pilot, and manage a wide range of known and unknown third parties, always bearing in mind the company’s value and making sure that its interest, as well as our clients’, is respected.
- Manage relevant third-party company delegation, organizing production briefs as detailed as possible (based on the AKQA existing templates).
- Carry out risk assessment, mitigation plans and flag necessary warnings in due time to the appropriate stakeholders.
- Strong ability to educate team members and clients while being flexible to change and fast-paced timelines
- Lead with an open-mind being understanding of each clients specific needs and processes AKQA must adhere to
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- 5+ years of experience preferably within a consulting or agency environment, implementing innovative, interactive, and consumer-focused solutions.
- Demonstrate experience working on interactive content productions including campaign, experiential, digital activation, brand and product films, photography, and more
- Experience working with Creative teams with the ability to make sound commercial and financial decisions, quickly understand problems, propose solutions, and manage client situations.
- Rigorous in organization and management, conscientious and adept in solving issues at all levels of a project
- Ability to inspire, support and understand the interplay between people, processes, and systems
- Sharp attention to detail with a curious mind
- Be an excellent team player who supports and elevates the project and other team members
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply