Portland, United States
At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
Our Product Designers play essential roles in the strategy, design and optimization of beautiful ideas, products and services. They bring intelligent thought and craft output, developing and delivering projects from brief to end user.
You’ll have the opportunity to imagine and inform the design for products, services, platforms and experiences that improve the lives of millions of people. Your work will require skills across research and strategy, concept and ideation, prototyping and product design. Your skills express that the way a product feels and works is equally critical to the way it looks. You will be in front of senior stakeholders at all times and trusted to deliver high priority solutions at a rapid pace.
Our Portland studio collaborates with clients to create distinctive experiences. Whether we are developing a service, launching or redefining, we start with purpose and translate that into memorable projects.
Partnership is the basis of our practice; we understand the context and culture that our clients operate in and use creativity to solve challenges and deliver results. From strategy to art and copy to technology, our teams across a range of disciplines work with world-class organizations that want to shape the future.
- Approach UX problems through detailed strategy and design and have the ability to iterate on the solutions
- Provide evolutionary visual design solutions to existing flows, behaviors and journeys
- Collaborate extensively with clients to uncover the needs of the business and their users
- Collaborate with team members to provide data-driven design recommendations
- Provide equal competency in both UI and UX design
- Inspire the client with innovative ways of approaching complex challenges
- Transform data into actionable insights that highlight design opportunities
- Proven experience in working in a continuous value creation rhythm
- Conceive, sketch and pitch original ideas to peers and business owners
- Skilled in using the latest design and prototyping tools
- Frequently validating your ideas with customers
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Driven to own the improvements of every detail across a digital experience
- Experience working in a product design environment
- Driven to continuously iterate and improve a digital experience
- Dedication to fearless, boundless creativity and relentless attention to detail
- Able to present and demonstrate your work on a daily basis
- Communication skills that make you comfortable when working with clients
- Approach work with an agile mindset and can adapt at high velocity
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply